Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ultra Compact DJ Booths

Default Ultra Compact DJ Booths

Does anyone have one of the Equinox Micron DJ Booths? If so could you please share your opinion of it

Also are there any other alternatives to this booth. I can find the Micromax one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MICROMAX-C...QAAOSw3ydV0dYt which is cheaper but that doesn't include the lycra screen and I don't know how easy it would be to find screens that fit it

It seems odd that these small booths cost more than the 4ft and 6ft ones!

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by dicky View Post
    Does anyone have one of the Equinox Micron DJ Booths? If so could you please share your opinion of it

Also are there any other alternatives to this booth. I can find the Micromax one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MICROMAX-C...QAAOSw3ydV0dYt which is cheaper but that doesn't include the lycra screen and I don't know how easy it would be to find screens that fit it

It seems odd that these small booths cost more than the 4ft and 6ft ones!

Rich
    Andy Neen ( Deltic ) has an equinox, and loves it to bits. I have a micromax which gets a surprising amount of use. Rather than Lycra, it has a black cloth front.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

My booth has only been out twice - once as a four footer & once as a two footer (same as Peter's). I like the diddy one, but if you need laptop, controller AND external mixer there's not enough room unless you put the mixer on the bottom shelf.

Cheers guys

Having considered that the extra £60 for the black booth screen on the Micromax makes up a fair bit of the price difference I think I am kinda drawn to the Equinox with the white booth cloth.

My other thought was to get a cheap 4 foot booth and cut the horizontal struts down to 2ft then get them welded back together?

I already built myself a 3ft booth with 6ft overhead gantry out of 25mm x 25mm x 1.6mm (wall) square section steel tubing and I am using it for the first time this weekend. Didn't cost me much less than buying a booth to be honest but I couldn't find anything in a 3ft width and the damn thing is absolutely rock solid - seriously you could put a stupid amount of kilos on it with no worries whatsoever

Actually maybe I should post some pics of that? Cost about £45 in steel tubing - which includes two set of alternative upright poles for the gantry at either 2.2m or 1.95m height as required if the headroom is low - plus another £10 in fixtures (bolts,brackets, etc) and £50 for a suitable starcloth with controller. Only issue with it is that it doesn't fully break down to transport it - you couldn't get it in the back of a car easily for example as the largest section is 4ft x 3ft, though it is no problem in the van of course.

But I am looking for something even more compact too.

Rich
    Last edited by dicky; 28-10-2015 at 11:04 PM. Reason: extra stuff

Quote Originally Posted by dicky View Post
    But I am looking for something even more compact too.

Rich
    Next time you call round, remind me, and I'll show you an illuminated booth which I made myself, it will fit into the front seat of an average car with room to spare for a (compact) playout system as well. It doesn't have an overhead bar as it usually goes out with the GigaBar. Sorry I don't have a photo, must get round to taking one.
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

My Micron booth is getting its first outing Friday and Saturday this week.

Friday cause it's upstairs and no roadie available and Saturday because it's a house party with limited space.

Mircobooth is really good can fit laptop and denon controller on the shelf. Choice of white cloth star cloth or black cloth and also has the over head.
    I have got some in stock with the star cloth on a very good price

Is the Microbooth a different product from the Equinox Micron or Micromax, or is it the same as one of these under a different name.

Googling Microbooth didn't seem to find any results for a product called that.

I may be interested in buying from you

ich

Sorry it's a Equinox micron booth cost is £280.00

That's the one I decided on.

I Can get from my local shop at £250 inc the lycra screen (not starcloth)

Rich