Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: PVXp Speaker

Default PVXp Speaker

Hi all

One of my Powered Speakers, Peavey PVXp, has died on me. No power at all.

Hasn't been abused or used for long, 2 years.

Changed power lead, checked trip switch.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as local repair shop has now closed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Murphy View Post
    Hi all

One of my Powered Speakers, Peavey PVXp, has died on me. No power at all.

Hasn't been abused or used for long, 2 years.

Changed power lead, checked trip switch.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as local repair shop has now closed.

Thanks
    Check the usual, power leads etc. fuses etc.

If you have time you can post on the USA Peavey chatroom which is really amazing, all those Americans WITH THE KNOWLEDGE!

Back home, if new you will have a 5 year warranty providing you registered the equipment, the warranty is not transfereable from a previous owner.

I have never been able to claim on the warranties despite buying loads of their kit although never used active Peavey always passive.

Thats because it rarely goes wrong, although I did replace a 6 year old amp when it had a funny turn

Peavey closed Corby Sales and Spares but I imagine repairers can get bits flown in from USA.

I have a DJ friend in Rochester who might know of local repairers if you get stuck contact Andy at All Events http://www.alleventsuk.co.uk/

HTH

ALAN
    CRAZY K

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K View Post
    Check the usual, power leads etc. fuses etc.

If you have time you can post on the USA Peavey chatroom which is really amazing, all those Americans WITH THE KNOWLEDGE!

Back home, if new you will have a 5 year warranty providing you registered the equipment, the warranty is not transfereable from a previous owner.

I have never been able to claim on the warranties despite buying loads of their kit although never used active Peavey always passive.

Thats because it rarely goes wrong, although I did replace a 6 year old amp when it had a funny turn

Peavey closed Corby Sales and Spares but I imagine repairers can get bits flown in from USA.

I have a DJ friend in Rochester who might know of local repairers if you get stuck contact Andy at All Events http://www.alleventsuk.co.uk/

HTH

ALAN
    CRAZY K
    Peavey warranty repairs in the UK are now handled by Barnes and Mullins of Oswestry. They liaise with Peavey in Italy and, in my case had a part couriered over from Italy to fix. I had the misfortune to have the original issue dealt with by Peavey at the time of cessation and got passed through 3 different places while things were "sorted" Ultimately took four and a half months to get one speaker repaired!

Oswestry EH--oh well worth knowing.

Seems weird dealing with Italy--direct from the US OF A would make more sense as they must have all the stocks instead of shipping to Italy then to UK.

Be interested to know the fault if only 2 years old.

Wouldn't be good if it only lasted 2 yrs

CRAZY K

Thanks guys

I shall try the USA Peavey chatroom first.

I did buy from new, 2 at first. The fan stopped working on one of them within a year and it was sent back to Peavey for repair, had to buy another one to use in the meantime, so thankfully that spare one has come in handy again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Murphy View Post
    Thanks guys

I shall try the USA Peavey chatroom first.

I did buy from new, 2 at first. The fan stopped working on one of them within a year and it was sent back to Peavey for repair, had to buy another one to use in the meantime, so thankfully that spare one has come in handy again.
    If its under 5 years wouldn't it be best to claim on warranty?

If its completely dead and no fuse/lead problem its probably a workshop repair job OR THROW IT AWAY.

Disappointed to hear of the other failure after a year, probably Chinese made.

My current Peavey amp XR800F+ is 10 YRS old and still blasting away on the odd large gigs, but was made in USA.

I had to replace the XR600F AFTER 6 YEARS, Chinese made but cant grumble at that I guess.

CRAZY K

CRAZY K

Just an update, phoned Barnes and Mullins, Peavey's UK Dealer.

They arranged collection, repaired speaker and delivered it back, all free of charge and all within 2 weeks, wonderful service.

Fortunately when I bought the speakers, I filled in the free 5 year extended warranty card.