Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: VirtualDJ & MC6000 MK2 Numpty problem

Default VirtualDJ & MC6000 MK2 Numpty problem

Probably being an utter numpty here, but the last time I used virtual DJ with my MC6000 MK2 I had to do the entire gig on deck 1 & automix as I couldn't get deck 2 to play through the MC6000& the only volume control I could get was through the master.

I've looked in settings & set deck 1 to ch 2 & deck 2 to ch 3 on the mixer, but still no joy.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Aren't there 2 channels for each deck. Left and right? So deck 1 - channels 1&2, Deck 2 - channels 3&4. That's how mine works but I'm not familiar with your particular unit.

did deck two respond at all? i.e did the upfader etc.. do anything? Is the assignment nob at the top set to PC/Midi?
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    did deck two respond at all? i.e did the upfader etc.. do anything? Is the assignment nob at the top set to PC/Midi?
    It did, everything on screen copied what it did on the controller, just no sound.

I have solved it by setting decks 1 & 3 to ch1 & 2 & 4 to ch2

I now have deck 1 on fader 2, deck 2 on fader 3, deck 3 on fader 1 & deck 4 on fader 4. In other words the top two decks on the centre faders & the bottom 2 on the outside faders (which I also use for any external analogue inputs)
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Which version of Virtual DJ are you using? When I got my DDJ-SX I had to get the Skin for Virtual DJ v7.4 to get it to correctly recognise the faders and the various switches that controlled the behaviour of each channel?
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

VDJ8

Won't be that then.... VDJ should recognise it natively
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Sorted by the method I posted above. No idea why it threw it's toys out of the pram in the first place though.