Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: WORST REASON EVER FOR WANTING A REDUCTION IN PRICE

Can you believe it--ANOTHER ONE TODAY. Hall has reduced its cost--will you?

Its actually now become apparent its a charity event with tickets.

We are no longer available.

After taking 3 months to collect a cancellation fee from a Charity--plus some other cancellations last year for ticketed events where there was a resistance to paying up ---I am being very selective who i deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K View Post
    Can you believe it--ANOTHER ONE TODAY. Hall has reduced its cost--will you?

Its actually now become apparent its a charity event with tickets.

We are no longer available.

After taking 3 months to collect a cancellation fee from a Charity--plus some other cancellations last year for ticketed events where there was a resistance to paying up ---I am being very selective who i deal with.
    Ho Ho Ho ANOTHER ONE

We have spent a lot of money on the event so we have a small budget for Line Dancing.

Answer--sorry we dont base our prices on what you have spent on your event--goodbyeeeee

I had one just before I went to darts last night.

It's a wedding and the couple have left it late to book the Disco. Yes, as always we're left until the last minute.

"Our wedding is on a Monday. Do you work Monday's?"

Yes, no problem, could you please let me know the date?

"It's next Monday, 1st February"

Ok, I do have availability for that date. If I could take some details from you and I will put everything in an email to you.

"Could you just let me know the price please"

No problem at all. Could you please let me know the timing's for the evening.

"6.00pm - 11.00pm"

(I give the caller a price)

"Are you serious? Can you do it any cheaper because it is a Monday. Is there any discount?"

Yes, that is with a discount. I've discounted it by ££ for you because it is a Monday.

"Can you not discount it further because it is at short notice?"

I told the caller I'd look into it (I WON'T!) and send them an email confirmation this morning.

Is it my fault they've left it until late? That's not my problem at all. Get some other donut to supply the Disco at Poundshop prices, not me.
    I sent the email first thing this morning and stuck to the already discounted price I'd given the caller over the phone.
    No reply as yet and I don't expect one back either.

Or a helpful reply would be.."If you are looking for a low budget Dj I would recommend Gumtree. It depends on what your looking for really"

Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post
    I had one just before I went to darts last night.

It's a wedding and the couple have left it late to book the Disco. Yes, as always we're left until the last minute.

"Our wedding is on a Monday. Do you work Monday's?"

Yes, no problem, could you please let me know the date?

"It's next Monday, 1st February"

Ok, I do have availability for that date. If I could take some details from you and I will put everything in an email to you.

"Could you just let me know the price please"

No problem at all. Could you please let me know the timing's for the evening.

"6.00pm - 11.00pm"

(I give the caller a price)

"Are you serious? Can you do it any cheaper because it is a Monday. Is there any discount?"

Yes, that is with a discount. I've discounted it by ££ for you because it is a Monday.

"Can you not discount it further because it is at short notice?"

I told the caller I'd look into it (I WON'T!) and send them an email confirmation this morning.

Is it my fault they've left it until late? That's not my problem at all. Get some other donut to supply the Disco at Poundshop prices, not me.
    I sent the email first thing this morning and stuck to the already discounted price I'd given the caller over the phone.
    No reply as yet and I don't expect one back either.
    Sounds like a let down to me.

The old chesnut springs to mind--

Oh yes we can quote a giveaway price no problem--but dont expect anyone to turn up

I still blame ebay, the Internet and Black Friday for making people WRONGLY think you can get discounts on a LABOUR INTENSIVE service.

Havent seen any offers from Plumbers giving discounts to come and fix your burst water main as its a Monday and short notice---seen plenty charging A LOT MORE

Its called an Emergency Service and is actually more expensive.

Many people expect something for nothing.

I write software and sell it cheap £20.
    Then I get daft questions like does it do what a certain £400 package does ?
    Of course the answer is no or I would be selling it for £400.

I did a simple app for Windows and sell it for £1-50.
    People still expect it to do what a £400 package does !

People want to pay for a Mini but expect a Rolls Royce.

I have been asked to do cheap discos before.
    Then when I turn up I get asked why I don't have a stage full of lights !
    If its cheap then cuts have to be made somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ckpr2 View Post

I have been asked to do cheap discos before.
    Then when I turn up I get asked why I don't have a stage full of lights !
    If its cheap then cuts have to be made somewhere.
    I never understand that logic, how does leaving a few lights at home make up for the fee deficit? You can only do one booking per evening regardless of how much gear you take with you, OK a bit less set-up and take-down time but you’re still on less money. And if the clients are negatively commenting on the show you’re presenting then it could even have a detrimental effect.

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    I never understand that logic, how does leaving a few lights at home make up for the fee deficit? You can only do one booking per evening regardless of how much gear you take with you, OK a bit less set-up and take-down time but you’re still on less money. And if the clients are negatively commenting on the show you’re presenting then it could even have a detrimental effect.
    My point is that people expect a full disco even when they ask for a discount.

Its OK for those earning £500 a night with top notch gear.
    When every customer is asking for a low price then cuts have to be made somewhere to compete.
    Pretty much every enquiry asks what the price is first.

Maybe I just live in a poor area ?

Quote Originally Posted by ckpr2 View Post
    My point is that people expect a full disco even when they ask for a discount.

Its OK for those earning £500 a night with top notch gear.
    When every customer is asking for a low price then cuts have to be made somewhere to compete.
    Pretty much every enquiry asks what the price is first.

Maybe I just live in a poor area ?
    My point is that not taking a few lights isn’t really making a cut on your side of things, how does that make up for the discounted fee?

And if the number of lights is important to your clients then taking less isn’t being competitive, if there’s a price ceiling then taking more lights is.

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post

I agree with that totally.

I would also add that when it comes to Disco work, customers are paying for my time and experience and not the number of lights or fancy equipment I may have.
    I don't personally see how leaving a couple of lights behind makes any difference to me working for 4 or 5 hours.