Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: A couple of venues I haven't been to before....any advice?

Default A couple of venues I haven't been to before....any advice?

Hi all,

I'm spending today getting myself up to date with everything and contacting customers to arrange meetings, sending venues my details for upcoming bookings etc and I have 2 venues coming up in April that I haven't been to before.

First up is Rivervale Barn. I know there is a sound limit of 93db or 95db as I have been sent through their details.
    I just wondered what it is like for Uplighting there as the customer has booked that service too. If you've been there before, what is it like for sockets etc?
    Because of the sound limiter I won't be taking subs. 100guests attending.

Next up is The Barn at Bury Court. I have 3 weddings there this year and the first is in a few weeks time. Any advice on access etc? What's the venue like?
    I don't know if there is a sound limiter installed as I haven't been told. If there isn't, what kind of sound set up is advisable?
    80 guests attending this one.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.
    Cheers

In Rivervale Barn, you must set up on their carpet so you don't scratch the floor. I've done a photo booth there a few times and only once did the DJ set of the sound limiter. Not sure about sockets - if you can find him, ask Darren Latimer from Innovents - he works there a lot.

Cheers Darren. I didn't think of Darren....d'oh!
    I've spoken to him a few times in the past via facebook private messages so will contact him over the next day or two.

Thanks for reminding me.