Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Wedding Fayre in a Shell Scheme

Default Wedding Fayre in a Shell Scheme

Has anyone done a wedding fayre where you have a shell system to set up in ?

I have one coming up soon and have booked the larger 3mx1m shell, but still struggling on how to setup. Looking for a bit inspiration if anyone has any photos etc they don't mind sharing

Initial thoughts are :

Round Cocktail Table with Brochures, business cards etc - equinox booth with 2 moving heads and a monitor on shelf - Banner
    Going to uplight the wall behind me.

Ideally prefer 2 banners (just to help my OCD) but don't think it will all fit in.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

I always used to take a big screen playing footage of previous gigs

Here is my example of a wedding fair I did a while back. The photos showed the range of services i traditionally offer, the booth hopefully gave a good impression re quality, I ran a slideshow presentation on a wide angle screen that could be equally well viewed from each approaching direction and the stacked flightcases hopefully "shouted" entertainment!!

Name:  Wedding Fair Shell 3 x 1.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  28.3 KB
    www.djjules.co.uk
    Covering Essex, Kent, East and West Sussex and Surrey

IMO it would have been better without the flightcases. Otherwise that looks really pro!

Quote Originally Posted by musicology View Post
    IMO it would have been better without the flightcases. Otherwise that looks really pro!
    Thanks for the compliment, much appreciated. Re the flight cases, we will all have our personal preferences. however, the idea of a poseur table appeals, using either the flightcases or an uplit totem as the base/stand; so that there could be a flat surface for people to gather round, write, put down drinks etc.
    www.djjules.co.uk

Yes an uplit totem would have been much preferable I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by Crown Jules View Post
    Here is my example of a wedding fair I did a while back. The photos showed the range of services i traditionally offer, the booth hopefully gave a good impression re quality, I ran a slideshow presentation on a wide angle screen that could be equally well viewed from each approaching direction and the stacked flightcases hopefully "shouted" entertainment!!

Name:  Wedding Fair Shell 3 x 1.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  28.3 KB
    Cheers for that.

How are the photos attached and what size pod is that ?
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

It's a 3 x 2. The one you are thinking on is obviously shallower but for starters a screen show and large pictures and/or roll up banners are a good start. Whatever you do just has to scream 'wedding dj'.

My thoughts were that if the show was busy - not something I've seen for a long time - then it be necessary to have
    • something above head height that people can see over other people in front i.e. the pictures, and for it to carry my logo.
    • a wide angle screen viewable from both angles of approach
    • mood lights, out of view, to give a lot of colour and warmth
    • equipment that looked good quality
    www.djjules.co.uk