Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Denon MCX8000

Default Denon MCX8000

Nice, but I'd still prefer a stand alone solution that isn't an all in one.

I've not seen a mixer on any of the MC series that comes close to the X500. A separate rack mount version of this that you could use with the mixer of your choice would be perfect for me.

Also, with both this & it's Pioneer equivalent how much would it take to add another USB port to enable keyboard searches? When you have 35,000+ tracks on your playout source, all that twiddling becomes a bit laborious (I know first hand from when one of the keyboards for my HD2500s packed up mid gig).

Another thing, why oh why do the mics on all these all in one jobbies have to be either all jack or one jack & one XLR? Surely 2 XLR/jack combo sockets can't take up that much more room & make for a much more flexible product for the end user.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

I had a quick look round it yesterday and there's two things that struck me - you can't plug a keyboard into it to search from USBs and there is no mid on the microphone. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    Another thing, why oh why do the mics on all these all in one jobbies have to be either all jack or one jack & one XLR? Surely 2 XLR/jack combo sockets can't take up that much more room & make for a much more flexible product for the end user.
    And that was the other thing I noticed..

X500 probably the best mixer ever!!!
    Agree keyboard input would be nice! and two XLR / Combo inputs !
    + £900 is a little steep!

I've not seen a mixer on any of the MC series that comes close to the X500. A separate rack mount version of this that you could use with the mixer of your choice would be perfect for me.

Also, with both this & it's Pioneer equivalent how much would it take to add another USB port to enable keyboard searches? When you have 35,000+ tracks on your playout source, all that twiddling becomes a bit laborious (I know first hand from when one of the keyboards for my HD2500s packed up mid gig).

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Events Ltd View Post
    I had a quick look round it yesterday and there's two things that struck me - you can't plug a keyboard into it to search from USBs and there is no mid on the microphone. Why?

Even if it had keyboard search and anything else I needed the size of it would put me off, it looks massive.

Best DJ mixer Pioneer DJM 5000 just so far ahead of anything else ,brilliant mic and pa section + loads of other features sadly discontinued.

I wish they'd put decent mic sections on all DJ controllers full stop. Either they've not got 2 XLRs, or there's no on/off switch, or there's no EQ, or the EQ & level controls are inaccessible.. Even club DJs have to use a mic sometimes damnit. Edit: at least on the MCX8000 the controls are on the top! AMEN!

And yeah the size of these all in ones is objectionable. Also, would it kill them to fit an internal power supply? Pro gear shouldn't have wall warts!

Quote Originally Posted by djdj View Post
    Better pic
    http://www.denondj.com/MCX8000

It's like you've went into my head and posted all my exact thoughts.