Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: BPM 2016

Bah. That came out wrong. What I meant was I didn't spend quite so much time on the Sunday by myself. Got very boring in places last year because I didn't have a plan. That's the key to getting what you expect from any event - planning!

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    and not to let a chap dressed as a Victorian look after the train tickets
    Did we need them again?
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Next year will be my BPM drinking day, although Toby wisely waited till I was a hundred miles away before offering to buy me one.

Piece of cake Toby, we managed it without even trying
    Its easy to find on foot, try finding it when driving, all the sodding roads are all dug up with dead ends etc. I should have google street mapped it first (I usually do), but I have been too busy. We had 3 sat navs on the go all taking us to different bloody locations!! got there in the end and the hotel is fabulous for the price. Good old trip advisor rating!!

I will probably stay at the resort next time too. As lovely as it was following the fresher girls from bar to bar, it was not brilliant, all the homeless people, gang having a punch up was an eye opener!! Birmingham is really not a nice place at its heart.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    Did we need them again?
    Yes. Sadly we couldn't use them to save, ooh about a gallon and a half of beer tokens*.

* Adjusted for Southern Weighting.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Yes. Sadly we couldn't use them to save, ooh about a gallon and a half of beer tokens*.

* Adjusted for Southern Weighting.
    I did say if anyone wanted to go back to town while the trains were running I'd pay.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Another great Show, Nice to see everyone and have a good laugh as always. I see Wayne from Imagine hasn't posted that video of O' Neills yet on here. Oh goody lol

The show in general was good I really enjoyed that. The PA demo was good. I was surprised by those IMG Stage line speakers. They certainly opened my eyes. They was nice. As a whole the best system in the entire PA demo room was the KV2 Audio EX series on the back wall with 12 inch tops and 18 inch subs. I'll definitely be selling my RCF system for that KV2 Audio system by December.

The DXR Yamaha's in that Demo room I thought was very disappointing tbh. Ive heard them before and thought they were good. The EVOX 8 system I had fancied with me liking my RCF sound. But I wasn't that impressed with it after listening to it at BPM.

The other system that sounded good was that on the ADJ Stand, Sontronics or something like that it was called.

Good show and nice to meet everyone.

My view: The show is much better in the Genting Arena: there was more room, and all the sounds weren't deafening, and there were even quiet(ish) areas, so it was much easier to TALK to people as well as look at stuff.

We stayed at the Ibis Budget in Town - which is within walking distance of the train, and also to Broad Street and the like, and, as we appeared to be the only people able to use google maps, we found everything very easily. The hotel itself was very basic, but exceptionally clean and, would lend itself quite nicely to a DJ get-together - with an open air car park (ie no problems for vans. We could even see the van out of our room window). It has a 24 hour reception and plenty of room to sit around, but no bar or restaurant: instead, it had several fridges full of alcohol, a tea/coffee machine, and a couple of shelves of food and a microwave, and a pizza menu and anything you wanted at any time of the day or night, you just asked at reception.... oh, and a football table.

The walk to the station to get to BPM was easy - even for me, and Steve and I found a decent pub nearby whilst we were waiting for (several hours for) the others. The After Party at the World's Bar had great entertainment put on, and also free drinks (which came as a bit of a surprise - albeit from a limited 'menu' of drinks, but still....).

The cab back to town after isn't cheap, but it isn't too bad - especially when you're splitting it between several people.

We had to finish the night in the Tap & Spile (It's become a bit of a tradition!) and, I'm pleased to report that has gone back to having good, very varied music playing - rather than the poor attempt at a nightclub as it was last time we were there.

We were lazy when we finally left the Tap and decided to get a cab back to the hotel - even though it was really within walking distance.

....and all in all, the cost of the hotel, the train, and the cabs, and we still paid around half the cost of what I know people spent on their room alone to stay out at the resort.

Oh...... just one comment on previous posts......
    Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    ... Angela (you're really not as scary as I'd been led to believe ),
    WHO TOLD YOU I WAS SCARY?

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    My view: The show is much better in the Genting Arena: there was more room, and all the sounds weren't deafening, and there were even quiet(ish) areas, so it was much easier to TALK to people as well as look at stuff.
    My initial thoughts were that I didn't find the new layout as easy to navigate, but as Angela says, once you'd got your bearings, it was actually a lot better. The PA demo room certainly had very little extraneous noise.

We stayed at the Ibis Budget in Town - which is within walking distance of the train, and also to Broad Street and the like, and, as we appeared to be the only people able to use google maps, we found everything very easily. The walk to the station to get to BPM was easy
    -
    From your description of the hotel, it seems the answer to everything. I shall certainly try that one next year. With its proximity to the station, and the cost of a train ticket being peanuts, I'm keen to park the motor there straight away, and travel to and from the arena that way.

The cab back to town after isn't cheap, but it isn't too bad - especially when you're splitting it between several people.
    It costs a lot more than the train. If you're prepared to be Cinderella, ( back on the train by midnight ) it's perfect. You can still be back in Broad Street in good time for anything you want.

Oh...... WHO TOLD YOU I WAS SCARY?
    Everybody.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

So how was everyone's bpm show?

I hope you all enjoyed it and had a great time

Was there any piece of equipment that looked good?

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Evox 8 sounded awful. I don't know if it was the environment, but I was desperately disappointed with it.

Today I heard the FBT Vertus CS1000 at BPM and they are fantastic. Certainly wiped the floor with the Evox 8, and I am a big RCF advocate.

I wanted a closer look at Chauvet's Core 3x1 but they've been discontinued and replaced with...naff all. Righto.

I looked at the FX Par 9 by Chauvet and was very impressed with them and at 150 notes each, seem to be very good value.