Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Experience with Pioneer Customer Care - Power Enquiry & Rekordbox won't link

Default Experience with Pioneer Customer Care - Power Enquiry & Rekordbox won't link

Hi,

There's been a couple of times where I've tried to contact Pioneer but have heard nothing, their customer experience is truly appalling. I still haven't had my answers..

Problem 1) I bought my decks from America (CDJ & DJM Nexus 2000), they state on the side 110V only (i.e. there's nothing to suggest that 230/240V will work), so to get these working safely I use a transformed. Does anyone actually know whether 240V will work on these decks?

Problem 2) Rekordbox won't link up from my iMac, but it will from an old MacBook?

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by deepgc View Post
    Hi,

There's been a couple of times where I've tried to contact Pioneer but have heard nothing, their customer experience is truly appalling. I still haven't had my answers..

Problem 1) I bought my decks from America (CDJ & DJM Nexus 2000), they state on the side 110V only (i.e. there's nothing to suggest that 230/240V will work), so to get these working safely I use a transformed. Does anyone actually know whether 240V will work on these decks?

Problem 2) Rekordbox won't link up from my iMac, but it will from an old MacBook?

Thanks in advance
    If it says 110V only on the case, then there's every chance they mean it. It's marginally cheaper in some scenarios to have different PSUs for different parts of the world as opposed to a universal one, which will be why they've done it.

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    If it says 110V only on the case, then there's every chance they mean it. It's marginally cheaper in some scenarios to have different PSUs for different parts of the world as opposed to a universal one, which will be why they've done it.
    Yes, it's my fear... Some units actually state 110V / 230V, units in the UK state 230V only. I would have thought the costs in the different manufacturing set ups to manage PSUs wouldn't have made a change in PSU worthless for the sake of a few pence, especially when the items are quite pricey anyway.

I just wish I could lose this bloody transformer...!