Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: White Dance Floor - LED

Default White Dance Floor - LED

I'm looking for a white LED dancefloor minimum size 12x12ft.
    A bit late to the old dance foor game but there seems to be enough demand still and I want one for my wedding so I'll save money there

Question for those who have them - the wireless ones I've seen are always faulty, like every single gig there is panels that don't work at some point. I've been told this is down to maintenance by one owner who's floor I have not seen in action. Is it simply that they are cheap dancefloors and not Grumpy Joes for example? Does anybody have a wireless dance floor which doesn't have this issue?

Because of the above I've looked into Portable Floor Maker's wired floors which are qite a bit more expensive (almost twice the price), I'm sure you get what you pay for but I'd have to hire it out around 20-30 times to make my money back compared to 12-16 times with Grumpy Joes.

Anybody have or know anybody who wants to sell a floor? I've got bookings in 2018 for them so I've still got plenty of time but If I can get one now I'd like to offer it to next years clients!

THIS IS WHAT I DO NOT WANT ... I came back to collect my letters and was a bit shocked at how much of the floor wasn't working.

DSC_1262ff.jpg

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Panels not working can be caused by dodgy contacts on the tiles themselves. It can be helped by cleaning them regularly & replacing contacts as they wear out. Another possible cause is the controller board for the LEDs going wonky. Every panel has a controller & they generally 'talk' to each other over Zigbee or similar low power wireless connections (at least the ones I've seen do). Should be easy to fix in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    Panels not working can be caused by dodgy contacts on the tiles themselves. It can be helped by cleaning them regularly & replacing contacts as they wear out. Another possible cause is the controller board for the LEDs going wonky. Every panel has a controller & they generally 'talk' to each other over Zigbee or similar low power wireless connections (at least the ones I've seen do). Should be easy to fix in any case.
    Interesting, I certainly don't mind getting my hands dirty and replacing / maintaining simple electronics... Well as long as it's not expensive... Do you have your own floor?

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    Interesting, I certainly don't mind getting my hands dirty and replacing / maintaining simple electronics... Well as long as it's not expensive... Do you have your own floor?
    No but I've seen a good few up close & personal. I was looking into the possibility of making one for somebody a while back. TBH there's not much difference between a Joe's floor & others I've seen bar the electrical interconnects. Small micro on each panel controller attached to a little RF chip & a small number of LEDs driven directly off it pretty much

I have grumpy joe floors and out of 120 panels i have 4 dodgy ones. These are mainly to do with connecters, earth problem or a few leds out. I brought a chinese a few years ago and had loads of trouble with it and its had to get things repaired. At least with a grumpy joe floor, you can do repairs yourself or take them to grumpy joes yourself. The repairs are fairly cheap

Quote Originally Posted by surround sounds View Post
    I have grumpy joe floors and out of 120 panels i have 4 dodgy ones. These are mainly to do with connecters, earth problem or a few leds out. I brought a chinese a few years ago and had loads of trouble with it and its had to get things repaired. At least with a grumpy joe floor, you can do repairs yourself or take them to grumpy joes yourself. The repairs are fairly cheap
    I guess that's okay to pop in when you don't live 200 miles from Grumpy Joes haha . So am I right in thinking that maintained well and prehaps replacing connectors every now and again means that the panels will not just start turning off like the picture? If so I think I will consider getting a larger floor with GJ's and then I will have spare panels.

The other thing is currently I have a Vauxhall Vivaro van, I know the trolley will fit into my van but have you got a taillift installed or ramp to get the trolley into the van? I'm considering just flightcasing the panels so that it could be easily pushed into the van on a ramp due to being likely 1/3 of the wieght.