Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Herts 'newbie' checking in

Default Herts 'newbie' checking in

A big howdee for your newest member in Herts
    Coming back into this after a errrrr 16 year lay off (I blame having to sort (at very short notice) a sound / light system for my sisters wedding)
    Previous to my lay up a mixture of working at Dunstable Rec doing the Roller Discos, then mobile, pub and then Independent Nightclub (Legends Luton) and then 'mainstream' for Rank at Ritzy / Ikon
    Then.... 2 trips to hospital as I was still doing a normal 9-5 and retirement soon followed in 2000
    Now looking at getting back into it for the 'fun' side, because this is supposed to be fun... isnt it
    As im old school currently going back to what I know..albeit on CDs (not vinyl) and maybe a little bit of MP3, things have massively changed since carrying boxes of records around.
    Slowly building up an light / sound rig that I would be happier a) taking out and b) for a paying customer to think 'thats worthwhile'
    Right... time for me to go looking through the forum

Hello Iain, good to have you here.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Hello neighbour (we're only about 20 minutes away from you), and

Thanks both
    Have just been reading through the Good Gig / Bad Gig posts, giggling to myself as it all comes rushing back!
    What am I letting myself in for again

Quote Originally Posted by IainB View Post
    Now looking at getting back into it for the 'fun' side, because this is supposed to be fun... isnt it
    I have always done it for fun or when I was younger for pulling the birds.
    So long as it stays fun it is good.
    I found it got too much like hard work and retired a few years back.
    Gear from house to car, car to gig, gig to car, car to house just got too much.
    I could have done with a young trainee DJ to give me a hand or even just a roadie.
    I also work Friday and Saturday evenings in my day job so that doesn't help either.

I do miss the gigs. In my young days it was thousands of records to move around.
    It got a little better with CD's.
    These days its much better with laptops.

Quote Originally Posted by ckpr2 View Post
    I have always done it for fun or when I was younger for pulling the birds.
    So long as it stays fun it is good.
    Ive had a friend off to help me out with setup / pack down (because I know im nowhere near as fit as I was 16 years ago)
    Im aiming for a specific genre as my 'main' though still happy to take on normal work / weddings (in fact im doing the said friends above wedding next year)
    If I get a gig a month I will be happy, im too old to be running myself into the ground, hospital trips again