Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TOP 10 (ish) Brummie / Birmingham

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    I've had a couple of run-ins with 'Combine Harvester' at farming family weddings in the last 18 months. I shake my head, double-take & ask if they're really very sure - they say yay, and at one wedding where the bride had asked me to play it as the first dance the groom disappeared for more than an hour! Can't say I'd have blamed him. There's always room for humour at weddings, but everybody has to be completely on board with it. That can be the part that's hardest to judge.
    Last night a guy came up and said to my assistant "the bride just came over and wants lots of cheese music". My assistant had been standing there for an hour and she had not gone near the guy. Politics are also fun, had a couple of rather large irate guests at the end as i had not played his track (just done strip and had his tatted muscle clad body out on show). I obliged as one of the last tracks (dancing in the dark). Would have got some hassle there, and it worked too.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    It was just not that sort of night. Appreciate the effort.
    Bit of a moment there Toby. Twas jest, mock affrontery, no more. I rather enjoyed flexing a few brain cells there, and don't forget I lived my formative years with so many of those bands.

I've had a couple of run-ins with 'Combine Harvester' at farming family weddings in the last 18 months. I shake my head, double-take & ask if they're really very sure - they say yay, and at one wedding where the bride had asked me to play it as the first dance the groom disappeared for more than an hour! Can't say I'd have blamed him. There's always room for humour at weddings, but everybody has to be completely on board with it. That can be the part that's hardest to judge.
    Amen, Brother Justin, amen. How many times has someone assured you that it will be hilarious, and everyone will be rolling on the floor laughing?
    So you play it, and guest(s) of honour look daggers at you. Been there done that. Not at all nice.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I love the Wurzels, me and my friends go and see them every year and have a few ciders and dance like prats. Some people will turn their noses up at it and go mental for S Club 7... Hmmm ... Hmmm...

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    I did a wedding with a lot of people from the west country last month and I must have had about 10 people come up and ask for the wurzels (not just combine harvester) and I had all the main hits as I had researched it in advance.

Blackbird, I'll 'av 'ee.

We had Combine Harvester as our walk down the aisle as we left our wedding.
    Last edited by mattydj50; 15-11-2016 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Add text