I was approached by one of our patrons last night about djing her daughters party early next year and too be honest I was a bit stumped. I've only done roller discos and we have a good regular crowd who come for the venue and me (hard to not make this sound too big headed) for the vibe and style of my music (I spend hours choosing the music and practicing the mixes and for the bits I'm skating making sure my automixed list is spot on). I do it for the love and to give a bit back to the skate people, so the offer of being paid was a bit of a novelty, but I said I'd check dates for discos we had booked and get back to her. She offered £200 which too me by surprise but I figured a 40 mile drive each way and 2.5 hours of disco (she doesn't want games or anything just the tunes and lights) sounded fair. Is that the sort of going rate for a 2.5 hours party or should I be asking more or less?
I was told a church hall so I reckon my peavey pro 15s and phonic amp will probably cover it but I may stick in the bass bins and jmc amp too just so I can cover a bigger size if needed my lights are more than up to it too (large sports halls are my usual venues).

I've also had enquiries for another local dj to cover large venues he can't, I'm not bothered but said I'd help out if he needed it, but I have no idea on pricing things like this. I don't want to make a load of false pricing enquiries to get market knowledge as I am not looking into getting into the biz and treading on toes, I'm just looking to be fair to people who approach me.

Thanks,

Carl