Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Confused about Facebook stats

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    You're doing something right if you average 125 views per post with only barely that many followers!
    That was my thinking too lol.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

I posted a edited collection of video from weddings last year in Oct.

My normal reach is about 80-100. This one made about 300/400!

2 days later I had a message from a lady asking me to take it down as it had a "disturbing" scene of her husband dancing with his mistress!

Said video was removed from the Facebook page but still remains on my website!

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    My post reach for this one post (and it's only this one post) is now nearly 8,000!
    Have you done a Benny and added any cleavage shots without noticing?

Quote Originally Posted by DJColsie View Post
    2 days later I had a message from a lady asking me to take it down as it had a "disturbing" scene of her husband dancing with his mistress!
    Thats funny - serves him right! only takes one person to share it and a post could go viral. Its amazing how much interest I get on my feed if once in a blue moon I post a baby photo!! It gets 50 likes in a matter of hours! I posted a photo of myself pretty much naked once as a test and only a few gay friends commented, so no one wants to see me thats for sure.

On the topic of Facebook, i could not care a less now if someone enquiries via my page as they all lead to a dead end, i find it really rude, when I write a nice reply and they do not get back too me. Must be 90% of the time through my page now!! I spent a year trying to get business through it and gave up. Google and recommendations seem to work best. I use Facebook as a means to personalise my site and show people what we have been up to. Its amazing the lengths clients can go to research what you do and how you do it. Thats the type of client i want. Not the 'Oi Kev have you booked the disco yet, our weddings next month and its the only thing I have asked you to do?'.
    Last edited by yourdj; 19-12-2016 at 03:24 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    On the topic of Facebook, i could not care a less now if someone enquiries via my page as they all lead to a dead end, i find it really rude, when I write a nice reply and they do not get back too me. Must be 90% of the time through my page now!! I spent a year trying to get business through it and gave up. Google and recommendations seem to work best. I use Facebook as a means to personalise my site and show people what we have been up to. Its amazing the lengths clients can go to research what you do and how you do it. Thats the type of client i want. Not the 'Oi Kev have you booked the disco yet, our weddings next month and its the only thing I have asked you to do?'.
    My experience is much the same. Used to do OK from it for kids parties but I don't really do those anymore apart from for people that I know. Most enquiries for adult stuff have been the ones that want it as cheap as chips, and that's not me.

I've worked damned hard on SEO this past year after dropping the ball this time last year (hence a really bad start to 2016 for me), and Facebook is just one of the components of that (as is Google+ and Twatter as much as I hate it). It's an easy way for me to show what I'm doing for potential customers that do take the time to have a look at everything. It's also a very convenient way to collect customer reviews which can be seen by the public as being real (as opposed to just publishing emails).

Strangely that particular post is now up to 8,013 reach. I'm beginning to wonder if it IS to do with the fact that I tagged the venue (logically it would appear in the feeds of people that have liked/followed the venue), and being one of the big Cambridge colleges, it's got a LOT of followers.

Funny enough I've just looked back at a couple of older posts where I tagged the venue in the post, and there seems to be a pattern there. As an experiment, I've just tagged a couple of photos from another one of the colleges I went to last week. It'll be interesting to see the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    It's also a very convenient way to collect customer reviews which can be seen by the public as being real (as opposed to just publishing emails).
    Oh yes I am loving that as yes it is undisputedly real, especially if users can see the wedding photos on someone timeline. I have not pushed it but have about 20 reviews now which is very nice for any woodby customers. I love it when they say 'we debated about the all day, and now are so glad we booked it as it made the wedding' stuff like that. Makes me quite proud actually as i have worked hard and love my job. Yes i may be a 'clueless muppet', but I have a lot of very happy clients, so thats the main thing.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Oh yes I am loving that as yes it is undisputedly real, especially if users can see the wedding photos on someone timeline. I have not pushed it but have about 20 reviews now which is very nice for any woodby customers. I love it when they say 'we debated about the all day, and now are so glad we booked it as it made the wedding' stuff like that. Makes me quite proud actually as i have worked hard and love my job. Yes i may be a 'clueless muppet', but I have a lot of very happy clients, so thats the main thing.
    LOL Toby for a'clueless muppet' you do very well indeed. There's even hope for me!

The only flaw is that if anyone was to post a negative review it is very very difficult to get it removed. Otherwise it would be an almost 'perfect' tool.

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    The only flaw is that if anyone was to post a negative review it is very very difficult to get it removed. Otherwise it would be an almost 'perfect' tool.
    Indeed, I encourage reviews on facebook but then will add them to my website manually so I have control on my website. It's an odd one though as sometimes you can try your hardest and do everything right but the client gives you 4/5 (which to me isn't good enough) because of something you couldn't have helped.

Recently I got 4.5/5 which was essentially because they were running late and I took a little too long to setup (40mins)... oddly they never mentioned that on public review sites leaving me no way of explaining in a response.
    I got a 4/5 where I'm assuming (as the night went brilliantly) it was due to the photo booth guys were having technical problems, I decided to offer my help as I was a bit more tech savvy then them and thought better I save the photo booth and risk being a few minutes behind on my timings for the first dance. Oddly enough I had the same happen at the weekend, I left a playlist running (almost the same situation) but every problem I solved came up with another and it would have needed to roll back the update they just installed which I know from experiance takes nearly a good bloody hour, so I left them to it after spending an hour myself on and off helping. I'm hoping for a 5/5 for this one though as the client actually saw me helping them

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    Indeed, I encourage reviews on facebook but then will add them to my website manually so I have control on my website. It's an odd one though as sometimes you can try your hardest and do everything right but the client gives you 4/5 (which to me isn't good enough) because of something you couldn't have helped.

Recently I got 4.5/5 which was essentially because they were running late and I took a little too long to setup (40mins)... oddly they never mentioned that on public review sites leaving me no way of explaining in a response.
    I got a 4/5 where I'm assuming (as the night went brilliantly) it was due to the photo booth guys were having technical problems, I decided to offer my help as I was a bit more tech savvy then them and thought better I save the photo booth and risk being a few minutes behind on my timings for the first dance. Oddly enough I had the same happen at the weekend, I left a playlist running (almost the same situation) but every problem I solved came up with another and it would have needed to roll back the update they just installed which I know from experiance takes nearly a good bloody hour, so I left them to it after spending an hour myself on and off helping. I'm hoping for a 5/5 for this one though as the client actually saw me helping them
    Ooh I hate that. I got a little negative feedback during the summer as, although it was a great night, everyone enjoyed the disco, there weren't enough tables and chairs in the room and the floor hadn't been swept properly before the disco. Luckily it was only on my own feedback means as opposed to FB etc, but you still wonder what people are thinking at times lol