Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

View Poll Results: Would you put your sub on bricks or raised to stop drink spilliage?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • It is a stupid idea

2 25.00%
  • I have done something like this

2 25.00%
  • I would never consider it

4 50.00%
  • Let the insurance deal with it if it happens!

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Would you?

Default Would you?

I've had a couple of incidents recently (at more upmarket venues I hasten to add) where people have left their drinks on the floor near the gear and they have spilled. Now I don't want to ruin the sub so I'm contemplating a small elevation of brick or something along those lines so....please look at my poll or comment as I'd love to know your thoughts as to whether you might consider this or would it even work from an acoustic point of view.

Thanks!
    Last edited by scoopd; 08-02-2017 at 06:22 PM.

Good idea, though don’t most subs have rubber feet on them?

Any that don’t then perhaps adding feet or strips of rubber would be better, waterproof and probably couples better to the floor than bricks etc.

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    Good idea, though don’t most subs have rubber feet on them?

Any that don’t then perhaps adding feet or strips of rubber would be better, waterproof and probably couples better to the floor than bricks etc.
    ^What he said.^
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

yep

I replied I wouldn't considered it, as I have rubber feet on all my subs (heavy duty door stops) I can't imagine why you would contemplate using bricks.
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Pe7e View Post
    I replied I wouldn't considered it, as I have rubber feet on all my subs (heavy duty door stops) I can't imagine why you would contemplate using bricks.
    Just thinking it through out loud that's all. Did the subs come with those stops or did you purchase them separately?

All the bins I've ever seen had feet apart from the ones robustly installed in clubs as part of the furniture.

If yours don't have feet it's not hard or expensive to add some. I put 4 new rubber feet on my bin & I think the total came to 10 minutes work & a couple of quid

I dont have anything other than speaker stands out so dont get this problem.
    Having said that mine has elevations (LD Dave) so would not sit on the floor (as said).

I would get these - quid each. Or just a few bits of wood for something a bit more flush 10mm to the floor.

Name:  51cKu9mpCxL._SY450_.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  13.3 KB
    Last edited by yourdj; 10-02-2017 at 10:08 AM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    I dont have anything other than speaker stands out so dont get this problem.
    Having said that mine has elevations (LD Dave) so would not sit on the floor (as said).

I would get these - quid each. Or just a few bits of wood for something a bit more flush 10mm to the floor.

Name:  51cKu9mpCxL._SY450_.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  13.3 KB
    Great. Will have a look.