Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do they find us?

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    Care to share any secrets ?
    Well this works for me,good clear website,all prices on site not stupid money great equipment white system for weddings ( 103 ) last year good reputation not to loud and 50 years experience .

Quote Originally Posted by TONYTIGER View Post
    Well this works for me,good clear website,all prices on site not stupid money great equipment white system for weddings ( 103 ) last year good reputation not to loud and 50 years experience .
    Cheers Tony, have tried putting my prices on my website but had a serious adverse effect unfortunately, agree with what you say about a nice clear website, I have noticed a big difference since I revamped mine and have a nice simple menu.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Cheers Tony, have tried putting my prices on my website but had a serious adverse effect unfortunately, agree with what you say about a nice clear website, I have noticed a big difference since I revamped mine and have a nice simple menu.
    I've actually just taken my prices off of my website today as well.

I'm not overly expensive and have nothing to hide, but for some reason looking at the analytics people were hitting the prices page and leaving the site. I don't know why though.

Thinking as I'd act as a customer (which is how my website is designed), if I don't see any obvious information about pricing when I'm shopping, or the pricing is by contact only....I tend to back away.

I'll now give it a couple of months without the pricing info up and see what happens.

What you charge is none of my business, but I think given your experience and the level of kit you use, its a complete bargain Especially for a teen event using your son as he has done some big residences/events. must take you a year to pay back that £1500 haze machine, when general running costs/profits are taken into consideration. but then again some of the local guys (especially a couple of the old school agents, think i am ripping people off). I always say 'get a quote for a photobooth, a 3 tier cake or table floristry and then tell me that.

have tried putting my prices on my website
    My 'from £500' quotes work quite well as I think I must dissuade all tyre kickers from the start. i have thought about putting ALL my prices on my site as other supplier industries do this (photographers for example) and I don't really mind as the site is pretty conclusive and we are recommended by some nice local venues. I think the 5 contact theory works well (e.g., venue, friend word of mouth, wedding fair, website, meeting), although clients will have a passion for this event and will buy something immediately if its what they want (as it's a bit different to buying some tyres for your car etc).

I think an idea of 'from' or an example of '4 hours' pricing from the start, stops wasting the clients and your time. I dont tend to get anyone wince at the £1000+ bills and 90% of my customers are normal working people. Weddings help I guess as they often have saved up and have the money in a pot to spend, i would rather they spend it on me than a £600 cake or a business class upgrade on their honeymoon flight!! Corporates are the same, as they have the money in the yearly budget and will opt for something like tonys services as he has top end kit/extra audio visuals and knows what he is doing, especially if its to impress new clients or reward employees for their hard work.

Totally agree - video is definitely a great tool if used correctly
    Totally. i did this video last week for a wedding fair and am very happy with it.
    its completely amateur but i think it sums up what and how we do things in a good space of time in an honest way.

https://vimeo.com/202013317

(Can this forum get the ability to stream other video sites btw)
    Last edited by yourdj; 14-02-2017 at 05:26 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

every one of my bookings is either, from gary , or personal recommendations , the web site has generated a big fat zero in 5 years , I am seriously considering dumping the web site , complete waste of time
    darylldj.co.uk , serving hampshire , Surrey and sussex

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    What you charge is none of my business, but I think given your experience and the level of kit you use, its a complete bargain Especially for a teen event using your son as he has done some big residences/events. must take you a year to pay back that £1500 haze machine, when general running costs/profits are taken into consideration. but then again some of the local guys (especially a couple of the old school agents, think i am ripping people off). I always say 'get a quote for a photobooth, a 3 tier cake or table floristry and then tell me that.

My 'from £500' quotes work quite well as I think I must dissuade all tyre kickers from the start. i have thought about putting ALL my prices on my site as other supplier industries do this (photographers for example) and I don't really mind as the site is pretty conclusive and we are recommended by some nice local venues. I think the 5 contact theory works well (e.g., venue, friend word of mouth, wedding fair, website, meeting), although clients will have a passion for this event and will buy something immediately if its what they want (as it's a bit different to buying some tyres for your car etc).

I think an idea of 'from' or an example of '4 hours' pricing from the start, stops wasting the clients and your time. I dont tend to get anyone wince at the £1000+ bills and 90% of my customers are normal working people. Weddings help I guess as they often have saved up and have the money in a pot to spend, i would rather they spend it on me than a £600 cake or a business class upgrade on their honeymoon flight!! Corporates are the same, as they have the money in the yearly budget and will opt for something like tonys services as he has top end kit/extra audio visuals and knows what he is doing, especially if its to impress new clients or reward employees for their hard w

Totally. i did this video last week for a wedding fair and am very happy with it.
    its completely amateur but i think it sums up what and how we do things in a good space of time in an honest way.

https://vimeo.com/202013317

(Can this forum get the ability to stream other video sites btw)
    I cant see how you work that out average job £ 245 -£ 280 and 150 jobs per year for me + my son starts at £ 800 for a appearance its simple maths.

I cant see how you work that out average job £ 245 -£ 280 and 150 jobs per year for me + my son starts at £ 800 for a appearance its simple maths.
    You are a busy man. Not added mine up for years, but its probably about 80 these days, It used to be 100-120 a few years back though.

Suppose it depends on your running costs, how much you take out for expenses, the time you spend on prep and travel and what your comfortable to earn/loose. Yes simple maths - It's £10 a an event (plus consumables/maintenance costs), but we all know that there are a lot more things that need to be paid for and all those £10-20's soon add up. If i was 70 and had the mortgage all paid off I would probably not mind so much as its a very good retirement job! Perhaps that's for another thread, sorry to divert.
    Last edited by yourdj; 14-02-2017 at 06:56 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    You are a busy man. Not added mine up for years, but its probably about 80 these days, It used to be 100-120 a few years back though.

Suppose it depends on your running costs, how much you take out for expenses, the time you spend on prep and travel and what your comfortable to earn/loose. Yes simple maths - It's £10 a an event (plus consumables/maintenance costs), but we all know that there are a lot more things that need to be paid for and all those £10-20's soon add up. If i was 70 and had the mortgage all paid off I would probably not mind so much as its a very good retirement job! Perhaps that's for another thread, sorry to divert.
    And on top of that i have the hire business ,and the sales which is the growing part as we are the cheapest place to buy in the uk as long as you are not vat registered,i dont have a mortgage kids are grown up and sorted own my own transport so running costs are low,happy retirement .

To be honest though, I would expect you to turn over more than £40k with your experience etc.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk