Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Likes & Dislikes

When I was a teenage DJ.

1/ Attention from the girls.
    2/ Playing good music.
    3/ Getting around a bit.

1/ Lifting gear in and out.
    2/ Getting home for 4am then having to get up for day job at 5:30am.
    3/ Having to ride in back of van if there were a few DJ's.

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    A little bit light hearted but what are your 3 biggest likes and dislikes about DJing.

Reading through the thread, I'm quite taken aback by the amount of DJs who can't count to 3!

So I shall try to keep to your limit!

1. Watching people up dancing, smiling and generally having a good time and thinking "I did that!"
    2. Being able to earn money from what was always a hobby of mine - music!
    3. Being thanked at the end of a show. In my day jobs I've never had a boss come up to me as I was getting ready to go home and say "Thanks for your hard work today, Darren. You've done a splendid job!" (chance would be a fine thing - I work for the local authority!!!)

Dislikes
    1. Developing rheumatoid arthritis and not being able to use my hands fully sometimes meaning I had to rely on my roadie doing more of the setup, breakdown and carrying of heavier stuff that I used to do
    2. Before my kids moved in with me, I used to take them places on a weekend but often it meant having to hurry back home to get ready for a gig. Sometimes, especially in the summer, I often wished we could have had more time out on those days. Now they live with me and I don't DJ, we can stay out as long as we want!
    3. Having to take a break from DJing currently due to family circumstances. At least this one, I hope, is only temporary!

EDIT:

I've just read that post back and have noticed that Dislikes 2&3 kind of counter each other. 2 is rectified now that I'm not DJing but if/when I rectify 3 then 2 will become an issue again. Hmm. I can see a dilemma coming up in the future!
    Last edited by DazzyD; 23-04-2017 at 07:50 AM.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    Reading through the thread, I'm quite taken aback by the amount of DJs who can't count to 3!
    Surely most DJs count to four don't they?

What comes after one, two, one, two then????

1. The variety of the job. No two nights are the same, but hopefully they are all good.
    2. The number of friends, colleagues (and indeed many clients) I have met over the years.
    3. Having the job satisfaction of being told I'm, amazing, awesome, and just brilliant. Expensive having to have new doors fitted at home though, with the extra wide bit at the top.

Dislikes:

1. Uncle (and Auntie) Knob Heads. Intoxicated or otherwise.
    2. Being requested to play chart music. Which, when I do usually turns my dancefloor into bottle holding, phone tapping statues with the attention span of an amnesiac goldfish.
    3. Heart Attacks.

Dislikes

1. Drunken idiots
    2. People who tell me what to play "If you play xxxx, then it will fill the floor"
    3. People dancing with glasses and bottles.