Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
You must be really fortunate. I know of a lot of great mc/hosts in our area who do a fantastic job, unfortunately they undervalue themselves which is what causes the problem and they think they need to incorporate 'everything' into their service instead of concentrating on what they are good at.
Fortunate doesn't really come into it, if you do anything long enough AND have a passion for it, you should be an expert and do a great job in my opinion

- my 9-5 (3:30ish actually )involves me being on my feet talking most of the day, I've played out live in bands since I was 13 in some of the most coveted venues in the country, I've busked across Europe and I've plenty of experience in meeting and dealing with "high pressure" people from government ministers to Saudi royalty so for almost 2 decades I've been involved in "performing" and working in a pressured environments so I utilise that when I'm performing or hosting.

Someone that it's their "job" and isn't overly enthusiastic or passionate about it or someone who doesn't have enough experience to do it flawlessly are always going to let the ball drop somewhere.