Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Getting yet another new website

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

My bad - Its live now, so not on the original link.

www.bennysmyth.co.uk

You know what mate. The first incarnation I saw of this I really wasn't a fan, it was far too busy and I'm really not a fan of those scrolly websites everyone seems to be battering the life out of on wix just now but seeing that in action, it looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    Dead on my pricing. I never thought I would be earning that on a weekly basis but I am (with a lot of work and triaining obviously). Hosting is obviously extra on top. I think i could probably double it with some very bespoke and cleverly crafted options, but i would want to half the work load as a result as the prep would be doubled and the delivery would have to be spot on, on the day!

I think I might remove the prices page and do a link in the text option to get people to read the info. He is right. I think people go straight to the price page and don't soak up the rest of the website. having the prices on a "what you get for your money" is a good option though, as i bet they will look at the prices and then go back to see why they are higher than the rest of their quotes.

Having said that I only usually ever get pitched against people of a similar price structure. i never even hear about the lower priced DJ's or agencies. I think being transparent and not being the slightest bit worried about competition really works well. I often encourage people to go and meet with other DJ's as 'we are all different'. if they book me then thats up to them, all I can do is present them with what I do and take an interest in them.

http://yourdj.co.uk/prices/

Pertinent.

I had my last all day wedding of the year today. A 4 figure shot which by time all is said and done I've put in I reckon around 45 hours worth of work - This is the one I mentioned in the client meets thread about spending a whole Sunday driving to Aberdeen to meet them.

The day ran like clockwork and at the end of it the groom came over and said to me something along the lines of: "We've got lots of pals due to get married asking where we got you from because you were amazing doing the MC earlier and you've smashed it with the DJing tonight. I'm just telling them we paid good money for it and it was well worth it and I've got your number if they want it."

Successful shift by all accounts....

As I was having my meal I checked my phone and I had a missed call from a mobile. I get next to nothing direct phone wise so I've no clue where they came across me but the conversation went something like this:

"Hi it's Jim here, I had a missed call from you?"

"Ah yeah, I'm looking for a DJ, I'm getting married next year in venue X on date Y."

"Ok. I'm actually just taking a quick breather from a gig I'm in just now but if you let me know your e-mail address I'll send you through a full quote and breakdown of service either tonight when I get in or first thing in the morning."

"No I'm just wondering what you charge" [at this stage she's clearly not that interested in what I can actually offer / do for her]

"My price starts at £545 for the evening package and you can add on to that depending on what enhancements you want..."

"Sorry that's too pricey for us. Bye"

Being newly(ish) married myself I understand that every penny is a prisoner but me, every single one of us must have been to a birthday party or wedding where the music was pish purely because the person had booked a cheap, rubbish DJ.

I thought it was quite fitting that tonights clients had burst their budget to get me and it paid off then you've got people who will balk at the price without even knowing what it includes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post

then you've got people who will baulk at the price without even knowing what it includes.
    Music, lights, and errr.............................................. ..................................

Nope. That's me out of ideas.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post
    I thought it was quite fitting that tonights clients had burst their budget to get me and it paid off then you've got people who will balk at the price without even knowing what it includes.
    thats just the way it is. Being a generous persons that has a reasonably disposable income I should not judge, but some people are just tight and don't get the concept of value for money, or care about other people other than themselves. A hair dresser once said "I am making my cupcakes the day before (as the pro ones were £2-3 each). I 'I said, your going to be rather busy, would you rather not just pay someone to do it properly and concentrate on more important things'. 'Nah, I bet they will be crap but I don't even like cake anyway'. I felt like saying, 'whats the point then, or do you not care about your guests eating your terrible cakes' but it was falling on deaf ears. The way i see it is people can carry on booking cheap crappy or ill suited entertainment options for their weddings as it makes me look good. If everyone was charging £600 + and upped their game, I would have a lot less work.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Music, lights, and errr.............................................. ..................................

Nope. That's me out of ideas.
    For an all day wedding....a hell of a lot more!

• Ceremony music
    • Master of ceremonies
    • Receiving lines
    • Toast intros
    • Staging of the cake cutting
    • Staging of the first dance
    • Love story
    • Shoe game
    • Liaising with other suppliers
    • Keeping everything to the timeline

Need more ideas?

Obviously the ££££ a night DJs all have mind control devices to make people dance no matter what, right?

So. Getting back on track... Love the new site & as you're aware Benny it's given me a kick up the rear to crack on with my own. Goodbye Wordpress!

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post

• Ceremony music
    • Master of ceremonies
    • Receiving lines
    • Toast intros
    • Love story
    • Shoe game

Need more ideas?
    Master of Ceremonies? I understood that. That's just me talking on the microphone, which is included free in all my discos.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post

• Ceremony music
      Playing around a dozen songs
    • Master of ceremonies
      Saying a few things on the Microphone
    • Receiving lines
      Getting everyone in a line like at school
    • Toast intros
      Another few things on the mic
      As Above
      As Above but also play a song
    • Love story
      Take over the best mans and Brides Fathers Role
    • Shoe game
      Great laugh and a bit of Mic skill needed
      Saying 'Hi, I am the DJ'
      Hurrying up the photographer and venue staff

Need more ideas?
    Above was said in jest, but really we have such a simple job that we like to embellish into something challenging.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk