Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New years eve

Default New years eve

For all of you doing a NYE gig to night , all the best..
    Mines a short one 11:00pm until 1:00am....

See you all next year

Daryll
    darylldj.co.uk , serving hampshire , Surrey and sussex

Mine's longer, 8-1.30, but I have a room and full English in the morning, so all good.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Mines supposed to be 8pm to 12:30am, but the venue doesn't close until 2am and I've just been asked to start 30mins later so I can kind of see where this is going...

Unfortunately I have an hours drive home too at the end

This is probably going to be the last Xmas where I take bookings through agencies or other DJ's. I've lost count of the number of room and timing changes I've had throughout December.

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Seeing some of the reports coming in on the Book of Faces at the moment, I'm glad I'm at home with a beer.
    I'm hearing from people at the moment with just 4 people in their venues (and it's not just pubs). I know it's still a bit early doors, but doesn't bode well for a good night

To those that are out....may your dance floors be busy and have a Merry New Year

The best thing about tonight.............

less than 1/4 mile away....

Default At home..

Hope everyone has a good night....and a trouble free one.

Decided to stay a home this year as getting too long in the tooth for idiots and fools that seem to come out on New Years Eve!

At home, with partner and ;lots of chilled bottles of nice Cava!

Had a quick peek at the Book of Faeces and seen a few venues without a disco!.....what's goin on at the moment!!

Quote Originally Posted by mbp View Post
    Hope everyone has a good night....and a trouble free one.

Decided to stay a home this year as getting too long in the tooth for idiots and fools that seem to come out on New Years Eve!

At home, with partner and ;lots of chilled bottles of nice Cava!

Had a quick peek at the Book of Faeces and seen a few venues without a disco!.....what's goin on at the moment!!
    Just opened a cheeky little Sauvignon Blanc myself

Don't know what's going on this year. Lots of people moaning that their gigs are dead (even some of the bigger names).
    My local has just opened the jukebox tonight rather than hire a DJ. Seems like NYE is fast becoming a thing of the past.

Back home.
    Less people than I or the landlord thought , but not a bad night , played until 1:30am
    Free one next week at Basingstoke for the staff , then a weekend off....... , then it all starts again on the 20th Jan , 80th birthday party

Daryll

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    Mines supposed to be 8pm to 12:30am, but the venue doesn't close until 2am and I've just been asked to start 30mins later so I can kind of see where this is going...
    Thankfully this didn't go where I thought it would. I ended up starting at 8:50 (the venue wanted to keep their own PA on while people ate - I'm guessing they've been burned in the past by dumb ass DJ's who think that "background" music should be played at full volume). The numbers dropped rapidly following midnight so I packed up at 12:30 and they closed the bar at 1:00am instead of 2:00am.

I also had to "have a word" with the bar staff who put the big screen tele on at 23:50 (despite me warning them not to). Luckily they managed to turn it off with a little over a minute to go. I didn't really want a repeat of previous years with multiple midnights

Still possibly one of the oddest gigs I've done this year though. The venue is a fairly sizable Microbrewery/Restaurant that sold tickets in advance and managed to pack the place nicely (170 diners, 80 drinkers). The down sides were that a) they didn't finish serving until 22:00 (it was supposed to be last food out at 21:00) so I had to keep it pretty low and chilled for the majority of the evening, b) they had no way to turn the lights off (I'm not sure why I bothered with mine) and c) there was absolutely no space for dancing! I had plenty of people dancing at their tables though (either seated or standing) and some very strong support in the sing-a-longs so all in all it wasn't a bad night.

At least I had people, and none of them were rude

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

All of ours were venue booked gigs with largely older audiences.

All happy.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries