Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: picture question

Quote Originally Posted by hadyn View Post
    Hi just wondering how you got on with this?
    Yes it all works fine and some of the party people got involved but I don't think I made it clear enough. We also had a Photo Booth to confuse things and the TV was being used for a strictly come dancing slideshow. Its something that certainly needs introducing and managed to get things going, bit like the photo booths in the early days. it was a staff party in a restaurant with a lot of different alcoves and areas, so it was really not suited for it. Much better for a wedding in one big room. As I say it worked fine although on my phone it took ages (5-10 seconds) for the photos to upload. If it is a raspberry 2 would it make much difference if I asked for a 3 as i know the processor is faster one that. It may also relly largely on the wifi speed, which I doubt is quite up to the standards of my BT hub?

Yes its just a box strapped to the back of the TV, just needs additional power as the USB supply has not enough amps. Looks well tidy though with my gravity plate and distance pole. All in all Yes i would invest in this, but I want to insist that I can get free support (he wants £100 a year subscription) and the software is made cleaner and I can edit out his logo. After all he is probably making at least £350 profit if we ignore development time and intercellular rights. I shall do a proper test this week, but I want to wireless DMX my lighting first so I can program that at the same time in a local venue.
    Last edited by yourdj; 08-01-2018 at 08:11 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    If it is a raspberry 2 would it make much difference if I asked for a 3 as i know the processor is faster one that. It may also relly largely on the wifi speed, which I doubt is quite up to the standards of my BT hub?
    RPi 2 or 3 won't matter for this speed, that's purely the WiFi speed.

just needs additional power as the USB supply has not enough amps.
    This suggest a Raspberry Pi 3, which (I think) needs more power than most TV USB slots supply...whereas a Raspberry Pi 2 usually gets by OK with these.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    RPi 2 or 3 won't matter for this speed, that's purely the WiFi speed.

This suggest a Raspberry Pi 3, which (I think) needs more power than most TV USB slots supply...whereas a Raspberry Pi 2 usually gets by OK with these.
    Yep its a 3.

Would adding a separate plug in router be a massive improvement or not worth the hassle? My TP LINK one is splendid for the DMX system i have and will sit behind the TV on a 3 gang extension. Regarding the time it uploads, he is looking at a way to resize on the clients end, but has rightly said they will be bad enough quality to start with as people just don't get the concept of good lighting and composure. Makes me laugh at weddings when they are shooting into the light (usually on a terrible camera phone) especially when there is a professional photographer stood right next to them! I guess its subjective and the main draw of this is the fact that 'my photo' is being shown live (regardless of the quality)!!
    Last edited by yourdj; 09-01-2018 at 07:57 AM.

what does it look like, Toby, when all set up?

I'm near completion with a Bluetooth version using a Pi3

Quote Originally Posted by mbp View Post
    what does it look like, Toby, when all set up?

I'm near completion with a Bluetooth version using a Pi3
    By all accounts it probably looks like a big telly on a pipe stand. The gubbins mounts on the back out of sight

Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
    By all accounts it probably looks like a big telly on a pipe stand. The gubbins mounts on the back out of sight
    Yes plate, distance pole, 2 truss half couplers and a TV mount. Nice and clean and not a trip hazard, especially in wedding breakfasts. Accident waiting to happen that was.

Here we go. this stupid forum package does not acknowledge the existence of Vimeo, but you should still see it.
    I had a much longer video, but I was using my leg to initiate talking and it looks silly, so used the second part.

I ended up smashing the TV on the way back, so need a new one! It was a bit old and heavy anyway.

https://vimeo.com/250867418

http://yourdj.co.uk/memory-share-sel...to-collection/

Name:  IMG_0314.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  32.6 KB

On youtube now. Can we get a plug in on this forum for this for Vimeo Marc?

Can we get a plug in on this forum for this for Vimeo Marc?
    No

On second thoughts, yes....

Use the Name:  vimeo-16x16.png
Views: 210
Size:  613 Bytes icon on the bottom toolbar, and enter the video number, NOT the full URL.