Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
It's not happened to me yet, but on the other hand I've got a handful of upcoming customers who were at their friends' 'do's' where I DJed & they're erm... my biggest facebook fans, loving all of my posts & apparently very excited I'm their wedding DJ. No pressure then!

There are no guarantees that you'll be able to rock different crowds to the same level every time - there are so many variables we can't control. So a prospective customer might very well come to see you as you take the roof off a party - and book you on the strength of that - but their guests might not be dancers, or any number of factors nobody can control could send the night on a very different road.

I guess if I'm ever asked it'll come down to something like "well - would you want somebody you don't know gatecrashing YOUR party?". I wouldn't mind in principle, but what's it really going to prove to the prospective customer? Nothing!
Yes very true and I get a lot of custom that way as people have said every gig is different and doesn't give a true picture of what their wedding would be like!!
Yes people have agreed on this post ( I feel the love in the room man ) lol!!