Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: No sound to light help

Default No sound to light help

I have 2 ledj par bars and I use them as a uplighting but they don’t have sound activation
    I run them through a simple dmx controller
    This allows me to have whatever colour I want but when the party is well underway I have to turn dmx of and use the remote I got with the lights to make them auto run
    Is there any way I can get them to be sound active using a dmx controller with a built in mic or am I a mile off
    Thanks Wayne

Yes, you can

Got to admit - I use a software solution which has sound-active functionality to move the scenes along but I seem to remember in the days of using my Chauvet Obey desk that used to have beat recognition as well.

You'd obviously have to program up the chases to be moved along, but once you've got the hang of it it's fairly easy

Quote Originally Posted by wayne128 View Post
    I have 2 ledj par bars and I use them as a uplighting but they don’t have sound activation
    I run them through a simple dmx controller
    This allows me to have whatever colour I want but when the party is well underway I have to turn dmx of and use the remote I got with the lights to make them auto run
    Is there any way I can get them to be sound active using a dmx controller with a built in mic or am I a mile off
    Thanks Wayne
    I'm not familiar with the LEDJ par bars, but especially as it's the same badge, assuming they are 3 channel fixtures, one of these would be ideal.

Sadly, they're discontinued, but there must be something equivalent. I'd say this might fit the bill.

If you're on 4 channels, then there's a far wider choice.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    I'm not familiar with the LEDJ par bars, but especially as it's the same badge, assuming they are 3 channel fixtures, one of these would be ideal.

Sadly, they're discontinued, but there must be something equivalent. I'd say this might fit the bill.

If you're on 4 channels, then there's a far wider choice.
    They are 4 channel
    Thanks for the quick responses
    So a dmx controller with built in mic would work

Quote Originally Posted by wayne128 View Post
    They are 4 channel
    Thanks for the quick responses
    So a dmx controller with built in mic would work
    THESE work well with ledj uplighters, I use them myself (ledj 7Q5's), they have music active, colour mixing, blackout and strobe functions ect, at £49 inc delivery they're cheap as well.
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

Have you got the manual or know exactly which model it is? Lots of par bars (especially LEDJ kit running with only a handful of channels) allow you to switch the bar to S2L by setting a specific DMX value on one of the channels.
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    Have you got the manual or know exactly which model it is? Lots of par bars (especially LEDJ kit running with only a handful of channels) allow you to switch the bar to S2L by setting a specific DMX value on one of the channels.
    Admittedly, yes. For my money though, the extra control you get from a controller is worth the outlay.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk