Recently, I had had an issue with my primary playout. First time in 18 years, but it's made me ponder about what to do going forward.

As is standard, I have two laptops that are exact mirror images of each other - both have Traktor with updated library and both have MyDMX. Every night, one will run MyDMX and the other Traktor. I have two S4 Kontrollers set up so should option A fail me, then I move over to option B. The problem is that I don't use a mixer to plug into, so for the one issue I've had, I had to pull the output from one S4 to the other. Took mere seconds, but it felt like a millennia!

I'm not a fan of having a mixer as it'll add another minute or so to my setup and takedown (and if you're thinking "So what?", then you're not like me who spends ages working out how to shave seconds here and there), plus the sort of person that I am will have a Xone:43 or something of a similar ilk.

So, to avoid the extra expense of a mixer, can anyone tell me why having an XLR splitter plugged into the speaker, with both the primary and secondary playouts plugged in wouldn't work?

To me, it looks like it would do the job but I just want to make sure that I'm not overlooking something.