Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Booth

Default Booth

Looking for opinions on best dj booths......Equinox, Gorilla etc. as wanting to buy a new one

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mbp View Post
    Looking for opinions on best dj booths......Equinox, Gorilla etc. as wanting to buy a new one

Thanks
    Here's what I currently have:

* Micron (only used about once a year as too small for everyday use): Nice and sturdy but as already mentioned, a bit of a squeeze
    * Gorilla version of the star cloth booth everyone else has got. Very wobbly (my MCX7000 weighs a ton), and a pain in the backside to put together. Unfortunately there are still customers that like to see that effect from time to time.

And my main weapon of choice?

* Liteconsole Elite. It's expensive, lightweight, and built like a brick outhouse. Don't know what they cost now but I got mine when they were first launched and it cost just shy of £1,000. It'll last a lot longer than any of the others out there at the moment though, and it fantastically rigid when you get one of those nights when punters want to lean on it for support

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post

* Liteconsole Elite. It's expensive, lightweight, and built like a brick outhouse. Don't know what they cost now but I got mine when they were first launched and it cost just shy of £1,000. It'll last a lot longer than any of the others out there at the moment though, and it fantastically rigid when you get one of those nights when punters want to lean on it for support
    Alternatively, just pop along to any builders merchant, and buy a few scaffolding poles. Half a day with a mig welder, and bingo, a custom built booth, indistinguishable from the unbelievably ugly overprices creation Wayne suggests.
    There's something similar at a fraction of the price from ADJ, I believe. Check out Andy Neen's facebook page, he';s got piccies of one with a starcloth most weeks.

Whimsy overt, I'm currently the owner of two Equinox booths, Micron and full size. They go in bags, and go upstairs easily. However, although they're pretty, portable, and value for money, the only thing guaranteed to repel boarders, is the good old DSB offering. Sadly, it's heavy, and a tad cumbersome. Still the strongest thing available.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Alternatively, just pop along to any builders merchant, and buy a few scaffolding poles. Half a day with a mig welder, and bingo, a custom built booth, indistinguishable from the unbelievably ugly overprices creation Wayne suggests.
    You really don't like my booth very much, do you?

Been offered an Equinox light weight booth with black and white scrims and overhead kit for £350.

Comments??

the gorilla dbs series 2 is £199 from whybuynew and the overhead kit for it is £69.....

comments?
    Last edited by Excalibur; 06-09-2018 at 06:43 PM. Reason: merged posts

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    You really don't like my booth very much, do you?
    Whatever gave you that idea?

To be serious, although I'm on record as hating this style of booth, I know Andy Neen reckons it's getting almost universal acclaim from clients. So much so, that I have that dangerous voice at the back of my mind telling me I'm missing a trick not having one.
    The Equinox Truss Booth, and ADJ Event Table are available at a more wallet friendly sub £300 figure, although I don't think there's an off the shelf overhead kit for either. ( Although I'd be happy to be proved wrong ).

Quote Originally Posted by mbp View Post
    Been offered an Equinox light weight booth with black and white scrims and overhead kit for £350.

Comments??

the gorilla dbs series 2 is £199 from whybuynew and the overhead kit for it is £69.....

comments?
    Equinox? As posted above, it's my weapon of choice, but it's not the ultimate in stability. Apparently this overhead will fit it. It certainly looks exactly like the genuine article.

The Gorilla? Sorry, no idea.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Apparantly Gorilla is a Chinese import from WhyBuyNew..and cheaper.

I'm also on the hunt - am looking for something that folds up a bit smaller than the Equinox booth does. As lovely as the booth is, I'd prefer something lighter, maybe even slightly smaller, and much more compact when folded up.

Am I looking for the impossible? Does it even exist?

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    I'm also on the hunt - am looking for something that folds up a bit smaller than the Equinox booth does. As lovely as the booth is, I'd prefer something lighter, maybe even slightly smaller, and much more compact when folded up.

Am I looking for the impossible? Does it even exist?
    It does, and dare I say it....it's called the Elite booth (sorry Peter).
    From someone who owns BOTH
    * It's lighter
    * It's slightly smaller
    * It's easier to set up (around 30 seconds....I kid you not)

OK - it's expensive and certain forum moderators have likened it to scaffold poles. It'll outlast any of the clones by a long chalk though

I am going to start a corporate company soon and I am starting to think of perhaps pimping up our act, by using a 'designer' booth type thing. The XPRS etc. would be my first thoughts (yes is scaffolding, but its built well & cheaper lookalikes are just a bad investment).

Having said that I have always thought they can be subjected to drink spills and as a DJ found out recently near me (as it has nice top tray at chest height leading drink to the decks) as his decks and laptop were ruined by a bride. Watching this as I don't think a gorilla screen cuts it for a cutting edge Corporate business. Ideal for a wedding breakfast though.

just imagine a pint on this from the front, it will just poor straight off the top shelf on to the controller? It needs a barrier if you ask me.

Name:  preview.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  34.9 KB

I love my screen, so would probably get a van and build a screen of some sort to match the occasion. IMO it needs to look classy, but also transportable.

Name:  1479831751697.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  37.1 KB
    Last edited by yourdj; 07-09-2018 at 01:24 AM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/