Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: BPM 2021, née BPM 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Now virtually definite for the Sunday, but maybe with different sidekicks. Anyone in a direct line between Goole and Birmingham could be offered a ride.
    Will see you there on Sunday then. Northern Rail, CrossCountry Trains, West Midlands Trains and Buses permitting.

Quote Originally Posted by mattydj50 View Post
    Will see you there on Sunday then. Northern Rail, CrossCountry Trains, West Midlands Trains and Buses permitting.
    If you get stranded in Peterborough instead of chucking a fiver in the Excalibur Coach Trip Kitty, how I shall
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

If you get stranded in Peterborough instead of chucking a fiver in the Excalibur Coach Trip Kitty, how I shall
    I shall of course be using my FREE rail travel facilities as befits the tightwad I have become, living in Yorkshire for so long now.

Default BPM road Trip.

Note to self 2.30 am bed and 7am alarm is not a good idea.
    Great day out with the 'Old Git' . The show was a lot smaller than the last time I went (it was pretty small then) but as I wasn't really in the need of anything new it was good to see nice new lighting effects.
    Saved my self £700+ by deciding the Gigbar move was not as effective as I thought it should be and Eurolights £650 version was still a little overpriced in my opinion.
    Really think the 'GIGBAR' format needs a little rethink, maybe interchangeable units
    Thanks to Mr Fisher for his company.

Quote Originally Posted by djdj View Post
    Note to self 2.30 am bed and 7am alarm is not a good idea.

Thanks to Mr Fisher for his company.
    Agreed on the first part, although I saw bed at 1.30. My alarm is 6am though, so no better really.

Re second part, it was great to have sensible and appropriate conversation on the journey. I appreciated the tutorial on that Denon Prime gear, I think I coul nearly have loaded a track on one side after that! Looked nice, but to me it's install kit. It is if it won't fit in a Micron booth!

Agreed on the first part, although I saw bed at 1.30. My alarm is 6am though, so no better really.

Re second part, it was great to have sensible and appropriate conversation on the journey. I appreciated the tutorial on that Denon Prime gear, I think I coul nearly have loaded a track on one side after that! Looked nice, but to me it's install kit. It is if it won't fit in a Micron booth!
    Definitely not install kit and haven't tried it in my Micron (can't remember the last time I took that out), but it'll certainly fit in an Equinox Combi
    I've done three gigs with mine now (yesterday with lighting as well) and it's refreshing not setting up countless bits of kit, laptops and everything else when pulling the prime out of it's case and plugging it in does the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    Definitely not install kit and haven't tried it in my Micron (can't remember the last time I took that out), but it'll certainly fit in an Equinox Combi
    I've done three gigs with mine now (yesterday with lighting as well) and it's refreshing not setting up countless bits of kit, laptops and everything else when pulling the prime out of it's case and plugging it in does the job.
    Ooooooh, no Son, no! This thing looked a bit big to fit in the back of my Transit in working mode! This was the separates rig. Each single player was indeed two players, with a huge screen, and flashing lights. One of them had a record player fitted, but I couldn't see where the CDs went. Dave was showing me how it worked, and I actually understood some of it!

Ooooooh, no Son, no! This thing looked a bit big to fit in the back of my Transit in working mode! This was the separates rig. Each single player was indeed two players, with a huge screen, and flashing lights. One of them had a record player fitted, but I couldn't see where the CDs went. Dave was showing me how it worked, and I actually understood some of it!
    Ahaaa....not the Prime Go, 2 or 4 then. Yes, some of those Prime systems are huge (a lot of the bedroom jocks use them for some reason).

It's when you realise the thing controls your lighting as well (and very well indeed I might add), that it well and truly becomes an awesome bit of kit. That's two laptops that aren't going to be coming out of the bag again unless something goes wrong and I have to resort to plan B. Plus, there's a handy little cover which goes over the screen and stops people playing whilst you answer the call of nature because they can't see how to select music

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    Ahaaa....not the Prime Go, 2 or 4 then. Yes, some of those Prime systems are huge (a lot of the bedroom jocks use them for some reason).

It's when you realise the thing controls your lighting as well (and very well indeed I might add), that it well and truly becomes an awesome bit of kit. That's two laptops that aren't going to be coming out of the bag again unless something goes wrong and I have to resort to plan B. Plus, there's a handy little cover which goes over the screen and stops people playing whilst you answer the call of nature because they can't see how to select music
    Not so much the size it's the weight, While I am loving my 5000's & 1800 Mixer the coffin case (I'll end up in one if I have to carry it too far) is 25kg meaning appx 50kg overall.
    Just purchased my Soundswitch Dongle and hoping this venture into DMX is a little smoother than previuos attempts, (Daslight Dongle anyone?)
    I have big room to play in this weekend so will see what I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by djdj View Post
    Not so much the size it's the weight, While I am loving my 5000's & 1800 Mixer the coffin case (I'll end up in one if I have to carry it too far) is 25kg meaning appx 50kg overall.
    Just purchased my Soundswitch Dongle and hoping this venture into DMX is a little smoother than previuos attempts, (Daslight Dongle anyone?)
    I have big room to play in this weekend so will see what I can do.
    Did you not tune in to the big Prebeat shindig about this? It was on Vroom or something, so apparently you didn't even have to leave Driffield.