Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
Apologies if I've misinterpreted it!

Maybe one for another thread, but I don't understand this desire to act as a 'mini agency' when other gigs come in.

With me, if I'm booked, I'm booked - but will pass on details of other DJs to contact.
Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Now we're on the same page. Gavin, I'm with you completely.

From what I can see, an awful lot of the " help, my DJ's cancelled five weeks/days/minutes before the gig" stem from Helpful Harry's Discos being fully booked for a date, but taking a deposit ( which they keep ) and hoping to pass it on to Ron's Reliable Discos at the balance price.
I also suspect that since most of us are helpful types, we don't relish the prospect of a gig without a DJ, so we try our best to help a " friend in need ". Now whether the " friend " is in need of digging out of a hole entirely of his own making...............................
Completely agree. I've never ever taken on a booking for a date I'm unavailable. I've never taken a payment for a gig I couldn't do or wouldn't be doing myself. I even built my original booking system (pre-DJEP) to make it impossible to be double-booked and all because I simply don't trust anyone else to provide the same level of service that I provide. I even felt really nervous about letting my own brother do a gig even though I knew that he was more than capable. I guess it's just the way I am!