Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Using 2 Sound Systems

Default Using 2 Sound Systems

Hi All,

I have a gig coming up, a big wedding of around 400 people in a marquee.

I realise my usual wedding sound system a white FBT Vertus is not going to cope with that amount of people.

I also own a Bose L1 system with 4 bass bins and was thinking of using that as well placed at the opposite end of the marquee or in a line to cover one side.

What is the best placement and the best way to connect them together ? one channel out of controller to the first speaker then out to the second then out of second channel to the other 2 speakers.

Is this right or is there another or best way to connect for example using Y adapters to split the signal to both sound systems?

That is a big wedding!

I’d be more inclined to look into hiring a bigger system rather than trying to link what you have together, I think you’ll have a nightmare with delay between the speakers (let alone the wiring).

But also keep in mind that there might be 400 guests but at most typical weddings you’re only playing to the dance-floor in front of you, not filling the whole marquee with club volume levels, your Bose with the extra bass bins might be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    That is a big wedding!

I’d be more inclined to look into hiring a bigger system rather than trying to link what you have together, I think you’ll have a nightmare with delay between the speakers (let alone the wiring).

But also keep in mind that there might be 400 guests but at most typical weddings you’re only playing to the dance-floor in front of you, not filling the whole marquee with club volume levels, your Bose with the extra bass bins might be enough.
    Hi Martin,
    yes the FBT system that I bought from you, still going strong.

That is what I was worried about, delay between the 2 sound systems, what if I use a digital delay unit?

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Hi Martin,
    yes the FBT system that I bought from you, still going strong.

That is what I was worried about, delay between the 2 sound systems, what if I use a digital delay unit?
    Excellent, glad to hear it (excuse the pun).

It’s worth looking into, but I know I wouldn’t want to be messing around with something like that at a wedding, keep it simple is my motto, not getting it right could screw up your sound. One big system is much easier to deal with.

I’m sure there’s people who have tried it on here and they’ll add their experiences soon though..

Once you start getting into delays and the like, it's complicated. I've got no expertise in that area. My first inclination would be to use what you have for the early part of the day ( if day it is ) , and hire in the " big guns " for the evening dancing. Just have subs and tops at one end.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

THIS MAY HELP if you go down the delay route
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

Following on from what a few have said, let's rewind a little...

This gig Vinny, I assume you've already quoted for it?

When you quoted, were you aware it was for 400 people?

And what are the client expectations?

Have you tried running both your systems together side-by-side In mono ?

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Disco View Post
    Have you tried running both your systems together side-by-side In mono ?
    That is what I was thinking, running them all in mono.

Switch to mono on the back of my MC6000MK2 controller and run out of one channel to one sound system
    and out of the other to the other sound system as am I right in assuming that in mono all the same sound is sent to both channels
    and place all speakers in a line about 5 or so meters apart, as I am also supplying a black and white dance floor my white and black sound systems will match
    Last edited by Vinny; 21-12-2018 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    Following on from what a few have said, let's rewind a little...

This gig Vinny, I assume you've already quoted for it?

When you quoted, were you aware it was for 400 people?

And what are the client expectations?
    Yes I have quoted accordingly and they have booked me and paid a deposit and signed contracts.

Yes I was aware, 320 for the main reception and an additional 80 or so in the evening.

The client expectations are to have a memorable day and after reading all the information about me on my website and facebook page they know that I can deliver.

I am not wet behind the years, I have been in this game over 25 years and play at around 60 or so weddings per year as well as many other events so I do know what I am doing.

www.premierdjentertainment.co.uk