Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All in one lighting solution....ideas please :)

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    This seems brighter (wash) than the Swarm Wash

https://www.prebeat.co.uk/lighting-c...fect-p216/s222
    Well it's got twelve watts less power overall ( twenty four when you add in the strobes ) than my Hadrons, https://www.avsl.com/assets/manuals/1/5/150473UK.pdf and , the wash effect only has half the power, so I'm more than a little sceptical of that claim.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Well it's got twelve watts less power overall ( twenty four when you add in the strobes ) than my Hadrons, https://www.avsl.com/assets/manuals/1/5/150473UK.pdf and , the wash effect only has half the power, so I'm more than a little sceptical of that claim.
    Well that is interesting.

The QTX version has way more power in terms of light output power than the Chauvet version.

Looks like the QTX Hadron Wash is the answer to Wayne's dilemma.

Well that is interesting.

The QTX version has way more power in terms of light output power than the Chauvet version.

Looks like the QTX Hadron Wash is the answer to Wayne's dilemma.
    Unless he comes up with an inordinate amount of wonga, he's not having mine. As I said initially, the Hadrons have been discontinued a while ago. I believe the lad may be trialling a pair of Chauvets, as I type.

OK - I'm keeping these Swarm Wash FX's - I like them....A LOT!

After doing more searching today, it appears that I am indeed looking for the Holy Grail, and I ain't gonna find it anytime soon.

However.....

The Swarm Washes arrived nice and early this morning. I still have a LOT of programming to do to integrate them into my current lighting software (I like to be able to mix and match lights and they'll just plug in and work with everything else).

It was quickly obvious though that they weren't going to be any brighter than the GigBars
    However, the other effects ARE bright (the Derby's were projecting down a 100 foot room tonight and the strobe is insane for the size of it). I didn't use the laser and to be honest, probably never will - I don't like cluster lasers).

However, mix the Swarm Washes with a pair of Wash FX2's and BOOM! Complete room filling.
    Is it all in one? No

BUT - it achieves what I want to do. The rig in the picture tonight was assembled in just 18 minutes from getting into the building (THAT....is a different story for this particular venue). It was just 15 on the way out!

Now....this particular booth is going to become my default for pretty much anything non-wedding (I could never use dots at a wedding, or a booth that small). I'm looking at pre-wiring it (Gavin's idea of a t-bar but vertical) to shave a couple more minutes off the setup. I also need to find a couple of bags to take the assembled bar so things don't get dented, but I think I've found a solution I'm more than happy with now

Name:  IMG_1336.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  112.8 KB

Oh, and before anyone asks about the flight cases etc behind my setup - they're not mine. The back of the stage is for some reason unknown to me where the University types store their own lighting rigs, drum kits, amplifiers.....all manner of stuff!

As far as 'compact' rigs go, that actually looks like a decent rig (dare I say, better than many 'main rigs').

I've seen some compact rigs for those situations where it feels like too much compromise is made and the rig is just so small it looks like the client has been short changed.

Whilst a flight case provides better protection, my pre-wired set up now sits in Arriba bags, as flight cases are annoyingly bulky and heavy. I can easily carry both Arriba bags at the same time, and they don't weigh much at all (probably 6kg per bag). Reducing the overall weight of the kit has made my life much easier.

I've seen some compact rigs for those situations where it feels like too much compromise is made and the rig is just so small it looks like the client has been short changed.
    Wash your mouth out with soap! Customers are paying for the operator and his skill, not the " Wembley rig " behind him/her/it.

That's a whole subject in itself, I think I can feel a thread coming on, mayhap. Until then, you will have to work out whether the words above are mine, someone else's, or a mixture.

2x ADJ Startecs, 2x Jellydomes, 4x Freedom sticks and a few battery pars....?

Name:  20191212-183426-IMG_2086.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  49.3 KB

Probably nowhere near as bright as the combo you've picked out, but gives a reasonable mix of colour, movement and light

Name:  20191212-235508-IMG_2130.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  67.4 KB

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Name:  IMG_20191130_184857.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  62.2 KB
    The spread out widey rig.. who says the DJ has to be centre stage when the lights & PA don't need to be attached to the booth?

Name:  IMG_20191201_010324.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  71.2 KB
    Plenty enough light on the dancefloor

Name:  IMG_20191201_002532_1.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  82.0 KB

Wash seems to be reaching the back of the marquee okay..

Hmm but I don't have any moving coloured splodges. Some would call that a shortcoming. I wouldn't