Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Returning newbie

Default Returning newbie

Warning - a long hello!

Hi All,

Not sure if anyone remembers me from quite a few years ago when I was last providing a mobile dj experience for South Wales areas and further afield. Anyway I wanted to thank you for letting me back in and it's great to be back albeit possibly slightly prematurely. I always found this group really helpful, informative and friendly and I look forward to more of that this time around as I plan and prepare for my resurrection

I am toying with the idea of getting back out there and so far doing some research into what's out there nowadays, equipment and more. The more I'm looking into things the more excited I'm getting.

I still have some gear but to enable me to get back out there I need to invest in 3 items a dj controller, decent speakers and a laptop. So yea its basically new sound equipment. I'm not in too much of a rush as I'd rather prepare properly. I'm going to start practising with a new controller at home via some Rokit monitors and a desktop computer I already have for volunteer radio broadcasting I have been doing on and off since I last mobile dj'ed. Once I have got the other items at some point this year - I will get the licences and away I go. Obviously there will be more to be done such as advertising, website, other equipment but that's always an ongoing thing for all of us. It's great to already be rediscovering some excitement that I had when I first did mobile discos and I hope this continues. It's also good as I did partly lose some enjoyment (and never thought I'd rekindle it) towards the end of my first spell. I also started a family and my van broke which were other factors in how I ended up finishing.

It's still early days as I say but I'm hoping I can get back into things and be a little bit successful as I was first time around (albeit doing some things slightly different this time around).

Hope my plan works and once again great to be back.

Craig
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    CP RIGARRAY MOBILE DISCOS

Hello Craig. Welcome back, it's hard to walk away from the adulation of the crowds after a good gig, isn't it?

As you know, there is always lots of help and advice available here. One or two of our number have retired/are retiring, and there may be some nice kit available as they wind up. Good luck.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Thanks Excalibur. It is hard to walk way for sure
    CP RIGARRAY MOBILE DISCOS