Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 36 of 61 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Chat

http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post

Just seen a guy on Facebook touting his DJ services for garden parties.
    Identify a market opportunity, and sell to it. Classic business strategy, well done that man.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    ....there's a set of LEDS in the cab that monitor EVERYTHING I do!
    I bet you felt right at home, then. Every time a red LED came on, you turned the radio down.

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    However, they have also just re-opened nightclubs. Except dancing is not permitted.
    Just like any normal disco I've ever done then, as far as I can see.

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    I think 'quality over quantity' will be the new norm. More sophisticated and less tat - however we never know haha.
    All right, the tablets have begun to kick in. Deep breath Peter, be serious ( for the first time in this post, in case Jim hasn't spotted that ).
    I think it's very likely that as weddings begin to restart, they will be really small, intimate affairs, rather than the grand, lavish extravaganzas we all know and love.

I foresee my dinky wedding rig going out for the rest of 2020, quite possibly battery powered as far as possible.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    Lots. How many will happen is anyone's guess. August and September are now slowly clearing out as people start to get a better picture of the restrictions that are likely to be in place and what that will mean for their wedding/party.

Still booked at the moment - Christmas is either going to be the most drunken party season we've ever seen, or the quietest.

Having seen plans coming out of other countries, I think the reality is that entertainment is going to be one of the last things to be allowed to restart and we're probably not going to be far away from vaccines by the time that happens. If we are out there while the risk level is still relatively high, it's going to be requests by text, booth mounted sneeze screens, face masks and gloves and you can forget about fist bumps.

Our local dentist is re-opening next week if that makes you feel any happier. They've started publicising the procedures that are going to be in place (paperwork is done online in advance, front door is kept closed, call from your car before you enter, temperature checks on entry, limited numbers in the waiting room, limited waiting times, barriers on the reception desk, thorough cleaning of all surfaces between appointments). Honestly, it's almost a miracle, the appointments have never run to time before

Julian
    Thanks that's interesting to hear about how your local dentist is going about new procedures. Sounds like they got some good plans before you get to the treatment room but I wonder how they will manage when seeing a patient. I have heard talk about the drill and suction tools being an issue as apparently they could spread the virus around the room. Be good to know what they are doing in the treatment room itself.

As for around the dj booth. Do we have any ideas what types of perspex screening we could put up to protect us. Is there anything already on the market for djs?

Text messages for requests sounds a good idea. I guess cards put out on tables beforehand and maybe at the bar area. I'd imagine though there would need to be a notice put up somewhere stating not to approach the dj? Maybe some dj's could put information on their tv screens if they use those in their setups. I'd imagine the social distancing at the end of the nights could be a bit problematic even with these type of measures in place.
    CP RIGARRAY MOBILE DISCOS

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post

Just seen a guy on Facebook touting his DJ services for garden parties.
    I'm hearing quite a few stories about DJ's entertaining the neighbours in their streets at the moment. The authorities are usually aware and appear to be happy for a few of these to proceed for short periods as long as it isn't causing issues. Can't imagine the dj getting paid unless he's imaginative with an optional tip box (like artists are doing with their streaming at the moment)
    CP RIGARRAY MOBILE DISCOS

Quote Originally Posted by Pazz View Post
    I'm hearing quite a few stories about DJ's entertaining the neighbours in their streets at the moment. The authorities are usually aware and appear to be happy for a few of these to proceed for short periods as long as it isn't causing issues. Can't imagine the dj getting paid unless he's imaginative with an optional tip box (like artists are doing with their streaming at the moment)
    Join the american DJ groups - they've been significantly more active in going fully "mobile" (entertaining from adapted vans from the kerb!) Their pricing is pretty visible and they're asking for about $300-$400 for a 1hr or 2hr slot if I remember right.

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath

Quote Originally Posted by Pazz View Post
    Thanks that's interesting to hear about how your local dentist is going about new procedures. Sounds like they got some good plans before you get to the treatment room but I wonder how they will manage when seeing a patient. I have heard talk about the drill and suction tools being an issue as apparently they could spread the virus around the room. Be good to know what they are doing in the treatment room itself.
    From what they said, these risks haven't changed significantly. The risk of spreading infection around the room from drilling is the same whether it's from Covid19 or Flu or any other bug the customer might walk into the surgery. They already use PPE (face masks, gloves, etc) compact and frequent sterilisation, rigorous cleaning routines, etc, etc to control this risk and they're just stepping up measure to ensure these practices are followed.

I've been optimistic so far, but I can't see proper events taking place until next year.

I accept there will be strange parties taking place in people's back gardens etc, but I'm not interested in those type of risky events.

I've already had enquiries about social distancing small events, but do you really think that drunk people will stick to the 1 or 2 meter rule? No way!

Another point is that DJ's should be updating their terms in conditions. If you feel more comfortable with 2 meter social distancing, then put in it your T&C's. When the client signs your contract & T&C's they are bound by those conditions. Most requests/contact with the public come from people shouting across my DJ booth

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by East Anglian Discos View Post
    Another point is that DJ's should be updating their terms in conditions. If you feel more comfortable with 2 meter social distancing, then put in it your T&C's. When the client signs your contract & T&C's they are bound by those conditions. Most requests/contact with the public come from people shouting across my DJ booth
    Several things immediately spring to mind:

- I would love to see the moment a client will take responsibility for how far someone stands away from someone else.

- I would love to see the client ask you why you - a service provider - haven't implemented your own measures for this scenario instead of putting the onus on the client.

- I would love to see what the penalty is for Uncle Brian standing too close to you. Immediate suspension of entertainment? Court action? Reasonable and proportionate force?

Contract terms have to be reasonable and making a Bride your own personal security on her wedding day so that her guests stand far enough away from you probably falls under unreasonable.

Saying that, I would love to see anyone try to implement that term because in what I'll admit is a bit of schadenfreude, I'm going to be massively entertained by the attempted enforcement of that term falling flatter than a plate of piddle.

Quote Originally Posted by East Anglian Discos View Post
    I've been optimistic so far, but I can't see proper events taking place until next year.

I accept there will be strange parties taking place in people's back gardens etc, but I'm not interested in those type of risky events.

I've already had enquiries about social distancing small events, but do you really think that drunk people will stick to the 1 or 2 meter rule? No way!

I'm working on September for getting back out there.

The following is about to happen within the next few weeks:

Airlines will be running foreign summer holidays, with full planes with no social distancing on the plane
    Pubs and restaurants will be soon reopening
    And they are looking at decreasing the 2 metre distancing to 1 metre.

Also, it looks like schools will return in September.

With the focus now on being getting the economy back up and running, the hospitality industry will be screaming out to catch the tail end of this summer's wedding season, and it looks like they are making decisions now on what can reduce job loses, rather than what is safest to reduce transmission of the virus.

I am 75% optimistic that I will perform at a wedding in September (I currently have 3 for September).

We're currently 2.5 months away from this happening. We've only been in lockdown for little longer than that time, and look how quickly things are now 'returning to normal'.

Terms & Conditions need to be a 'living document' updated when there's a need to. All Discos should have one.

I recall back in 2007 when the smoking ban became law, some clients ignored it for functions on private land such as marquees. I altered my T&C and worked with the clients and had no problems. But the 'belt and braces' approach i've found helpful and have served me well.

By including a clause in my T&C I am not only protecting myself but as you rightly say also my clients. In fact, I've taken many future bookings since lockdown where the client has sought my reassurance that I won't following them around the venue v

The point is, that the client signs the contract, and the behaviour of guests according to the contract remains their responsibility, the same time, threatening or abusive behaviour would also breach the T&C's. I've ended 3 functions over my 37 years of DJ'ing, 2 for abusive behaviour and the other 1 breached health and safety of my guests.

Social distancing is here for some time to come, and I think the deliberate breaches to comply with the law/guidelines would be more than reasonable to stop any event. Communication to the stakeholders is key both beforehand and at the event to avoid unnecessary issues, and for us to mitigate issues such as using a stage where possible, stating that we will take requests by text, marking out an area to comply with the law/guidance.