Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 19 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Chat

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    Problem is, a venue cannot say no otherwise they are then liable for refunds, including any deposits.

It is the same reason why venues will not (or should not) contact people to make arrangements to postpone.
    Yeah it's essentially the same reason that we as parties to a contract should be cracking on as if the dates are going ahead until told in black and white otherwise by our clients.

Sucks but the reality is we run businesses, small businesses, but businesses all the same and I've been saying it since day 1 that this kicked off - how we conduct ourselves just now is going to determine how the business comes out the other end.

I'm being pragmatic and have managed to reschedule all but one couple - as per t's and c's I keep the deposit, they haven't got back to argue the bit about it.

I'm not "pencilling in dates just incase" for anyone, if it turns out you do need to move and I am still available then great but I'm not going to black out a date for 2021 until I know for sure it's being filled. Next year is probably going to be stupidly busy and yes, there's going to be a lot of blacked out dates due to ones moved but we don't need to confound the impact it has...

Likewise I see people on wedding groups offering discounts. WHY? 2021 is going to be a crazy year for bookings and if you've got a few IQ points to rub together, those extra dates will materialise and will be making up for loss of earnings in 2020 - why would you go out for even less? I know the general consensus is that we're all going to be skint but it's supply and demand - guaranteed TUI will be charging more for their holidays next year. Why? because EVERYONE who wanted to go on holiday this year will be dying to go next year. Same as everyone getting married in 2021, they'll be dying to get it done and in a big way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post
    I know the general consensus is that we're all going to be skint but it's supply and demand - guaranteed TUI will be charging more for their holidays next year. Why? because EVERYONE who wanted to go on holiday this year will be dying to go next year. Same as everyone getting married in 2021, they'll be dying to get it done and in a big way.
    A friend of mine was due to get married 3 weeks ago. That obviously didn't happen. He reckons they'll now never get married, and doesn't seem too put out by that.... says a lot about his fiancée

Y

Likewise I see people on wedding groups offering discounts. WHY? 2021 is going to be a crazy year for bookings and if you've got a few IQ points to rub together, those extra dates will materialise and will be making up for loss of earnings in 2020 - why would you go out for even less?
    I'd be inclined to say that's wishful thinking. I have a suspicion that as this rumbles on, a lot of folk are going to take a financial hit. I reckon a lot of weddings will go onto the back burner in 2021, until their funds increase. I reckon we will be doing mainly parties, anniversaries, and even wakes/celebrations of life this year, but few weddings.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    A friend of mine was due to get married 3 weeks ago. That obviously didn't happen. He reckons they'll now never get married, and doesn't seem too put out by that.... says a lot about his fiancée
    Never say never, but I do think many couples will delay weddings, and not be like greyhounds straining at the leash as soon as the Registrars fire the starting gun.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

It’s only right to expect the clients to be “feeling the pinch” and making economies once we come out of this. So if booking a wedding was on their todo list then most will have a smaller budget I think.

You may get some that are to be funded by retired Mum & Dad who haven’t been affected so budget is in tact but I think these will be in the minority.

Likewise I see people on wedding groups offering discounts. WHY? 2021 is going to be a crazy year for bookings and if you've got a few IQ points to rub together, those extra dates will materialise and will be making up for loss of earnings in 2020 - why would you go out for even less? I know the general consensus is that we're all going to be skint but it's supply and demand - guaranteed TUI will be charging more for their holidays next year. Why? because EVERYONE who wanted to go on holiday this year will be dying to go next year. Same as everyone getting married in 2021, they'll be dying to get it done and in a big way.
    I'm guessing their mindset is, take a lower rate booking for next year but get the deposit in the bank today to cushion this years losses.
    Nathan.

GERMANY

Schools opening 4th May.

Large public gatherings will remain banned until 31 August. Bars, cafes, restaurants, cinemas and music venues will all remain closed.

Quote Originally Posted by DJWilson View Post
    I'm guessing their mindset is, take a lower rate booking for next year but get the deposit in the bank today to cushion this years losses.
    That's a logical way of looking at things.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

To add some weight to this, I would say that today I have had the most number of enquries that I have ever received in a 24 hour period (I'm not willy waving - obviously folk have naff all to do but a bit of Wedmin at the moment) and of those enquiries, I've already converted 3. No doubt an anomaly, but the enquries have started to return over the last week or two and with the exception of today, I am currently running on par with my usual numbers. YTD, I'm actually up on the number of enquiries over last year and that includes a two week period of getting nothing through.

Weddings will be smaller and I suspect the dancefloor will be hit hard with Covid-19 being in the backs of people's minds (I don't think alcohol intake will change that either), but I dare say that there will still be a market for us without needing to drop fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    To add some weight to this, I would say that today I have had the most number of enquries that I have ever received in a 24 hour period
    Funny you should mention that Benny. Not had any enquiries yet, but the website is starting to look like it's coming back to life.
    I've gone from having a blinding year of traffic and enquiries, to absolutely dead since this thing kicked off (literally entire DAYS with no visitors to the site at all), to nearly back to normal traffic since Easter.

Maybe, just maybe people are starting to get over the shock of what's going on and starting to plan again

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    To add some weight to this, I would say that today I have had the most number of enquries that I have ever received in a 24 hour period (I'm not willy waving - obviously folk have naff all to do but a bit of Wedmin at the moment) and of those enquiries, I've already converted 3. No doubt an anomaly, but the enquries have started to return over the last week or two and with the exception of today, I am currently running on par with my usual numbers. YTD, I'm actually up on the number of enquiries over last year and that includes a two week period of getting nothing through.

Weddings will be smaller and I suspect the dancefloor will be hit hard with Covid-19 being in the backs of people's minds (I don't think alcohol intake will change that either), but I dare say that there will still be a market for us without needing to drop fees.
    I've not experienced anything like that but I have secured a good few bookings for new dates, since this started, at my new rate which even 6 months ago I would have thought would be a big ask to get people to pay so I'm not being too pessimistic as yet - people are going to be tightening their belts but folk have spent tonnes of weddings, wether they could afford it or not, for a long time, what we may see if the more intimate but "special" weddings with smaller numbers but them really going for quality at which point high end DJs will be in high demand, perhaps more so than just now.

I could of course be horribly wrong with the wedding game and if I am that'll be it for Scotland's Party DJ - over 95% of my gigs year on year are weddings and it's been this way since I set the business up - I'm not going to change and start doing parties or seriously chasing corporate work (which I think absolutely will be hammered) just to keep things going, I've always said if I didn't enjoy it anymore, I'd chuck it, have considered it a few times but that would definitely push me to hang up the headphones.