Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 20 of 61 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Chat

Seems like the anecdotal evidence matches what we're seeing on NaD - things were going extremely well until mid March (up to 8x increase in enquiries compared to 2019) and then suddenly (and understandably) fell off a cliff. However during the same period site visitors are well and truly up - probably averaging about 2x 2019's number - so plenty of window shoppers but very few buyers.

This last week or so has seen the first signs of recovery and I'm pretty sure that once there's a bit more certainty about when things are likely to start returning to some kind of normal the floodgates will open.

Having a quick skim through recent enquiry details this morning and the majority seem to be 2021/2022 weddings - perhaps those rescheduling that can't have their original DJ?

If there's any interest in these kind of stats I'm happy to post more as we go forward. On this particular graph the pink line is a datum from 2019. Blue is enquiry volumes compared to 2019 (percentage) and green is site visitors compared to 2019.

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 08.41.40.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  37.0 KB

Hmmmm....wouldn't get too excited about dusting off the kit and partying just yet boys and girls

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/worl...ost_type=share

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    Hmmmm....wouldn't get too excited about dusting off the kit and partying just yet boys and girls

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/worl...ost_type=share
    ....or until there is sufficient testing available (for both antibodies and the infection) to be able to prove that we have built up a level of herd immunity. The US states that are considering re-opening are still saying that major events will not resume until 2021.

P.S. Martin - that's a very timely post, considering I got my renewal reminder on Tuesday
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Funny you should mention that Benny. Not had any enquiries yet, but the website is starting to look like it's coming back to life.
    I've gone from having a blinding year of traffic and enquiries, to absolutely dead since this thing kicked off (literally entire DAYS with no visitors to the site at all), to nearly back to normal traffic since Easter.

Maybe, just maybe people are starting to get over the shock of what's going on and starting to plan again

BOOM

Two, yes TWO enquiries from out of nowhere today . Things are looking up (they're the first I've had since the lockdown!).
    One is unfortunately for a date I'm already booked for later this year, and I can't actually foresee the one that's already booked going ahead let alone today's enquiry.
    The other, a nice expensive wedding for 2022

BOOM

Two, yes TWO enquiries from out of nowhere today . Things are looking up (they're the first I've had since the lockdown!).
    One is unfortunately for a date I'm already booked for later this year, and I can't actually foresee the one that's already booked going ahead let alone today's enquiry.
    The other, a nice expensive wedding for 2022
    Aaaaand the 2022 is in the back of the net

Things are very slowly starting to look up again

Aaaaand the 2022 is in the back of the net

Things are very slowly starting to look up again
    Or they were starting to look up again, until I read this Coronavirus: Social restrictions 'to remain for rest of year'

I think most of us are probably resigned to the fact that 2020's a write off, but the way the article's written, it looks like about this time next year before they'll consider "normal" things like gatherings to happen again unless a vaccine comes along soon

Or they were starting to look up again, until I read this Coronavirus: Social restrictions 'to remain for rest of year'

I think most of us are probably resigned to the fact that 2020's a write off, but the way the article's written, it looks like about this time next year before they'll consider "normal" things like gatherings to happen again unless a vaccine comes along soon
    Yeah, I think the first wave of my couples (late March April) were railroaded and everyone else was waiting to see what happens. Now I'm inundated with couples from the Summer and beyond wanting to move to next year.

I feel a little sorry for one of my couples. Booked for a big wedding July 2019, postponed to July 2020 due to bride's pregnancy. I can easily see this virus postponing it to July 2021. Just in time for me to retire*.

* Retirement has been considered many times, and never happened as planned. With the backlog of weddings to reschedule for " this year, next year, sometime never", it's currently looking like
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    I feel a little sorry for one of my couples. Booked for a big wedding July 2019, postponed to July 2020 due to bride's pregnancy. I can easily see this virus postponing it to July 2021.
    Mine was the other way round.

I was due to do their wedding this weekend just gone.

Towards the end of last year they enquired about bringing it forward to January. Happy to oblige - the beginning of the year is always quiet anway.

Turned out she was pregnant and wanted to get married before getting too big for the dress.

We had a great night - and that was the last wedding I performed at! Little did we know at the time what was around the corner!

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    I feel a little sorry for one of my couples. Booked for a big wedding July 2019, postponed to July 2020 due to bride's pregnancy. I can easily see this virus postponing it to July 2021. Just in time for me to retire*.
    I had one who are (were) getting married abroad but having the usual wedding breakfast/evening celebrations in this country.

First attempt, postponed due to Thomas Cook going bust
    They should be flying back today from their second attempt, with the party on Saturday, which obviously hasn't gone ahead.

The bride did email to say they are seriously thinking of giving it up as a bad job and just the 2 of them going to the registry office sometime.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk