Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 105058596061 LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Chat

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    A quick note on the upcoming SEISS Grant 5.

This one will require turnover figures to be submitted, to show if your turnover has dropped by 30% or more to get the full grant.

However, those who missed out on earlier SEISS grants, may be pleased to read the following from Martin Lewis:
    80% of what?
    Do they contact me or have I got to do something?
    When does this one kick in?

***Edit***

Oh hang on....the rules are a little bit different - just been on the HMRC website
    You only get the 80% if you STARTED trading in 2019.
    If you started trading prior to that, they still need the accounts and you only get 30%
    Last edited by Imagine; 09-07-2021 at 10:38 AM.

Bit late to the party now but one of the very first things I did in lockdown was to totally board out the loft. Cost wise to do it yourself is pretty cheap but just need to know how to spread the load evenly etc..

Even with the slopped roof cutting into viable storage space it's given me easily the space a typical storage container would.

Naturally it's a pain getting stuff in and out and there's no way I'd store stuff like subs or even most tops but if you're stuck for storage it might be worth having a peak up there and seeing what's available. I did considering having it properly done with the ceiling being raised but you're looking at like 20k+.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    Bit late to the party now but one of the very first things I did in lockdown was to totally board out the loft. Cost wise to do it yourself is pretty cheap but just need to know how to spread the load evenly etc..

Even with the slopped roof cutting into viable storage space it's given me easily the space a typical storage container would.

Naturally it's a pain getting stuff in and out and there's no way I'd store stuff like subs or even most tops but if you're stuck for storage it might be worth having a peak up there and seeing what's available. I did considering having it properly done with the ceiling being raised but you're looking at like 20k+.
    I manage to get everything under the stairs - alongside my "does it make me richer, faster or lighter?" policy on gear purchases, if it isn't going to fit in there with everything else, I'm not buying it.

I do dream of the day I hang up the headphones and can turn it into a pantry for all my kitchen gadgets and ingredients

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post
    I manage to get everything under the stairs - alongside my "does it make me richer, faster or lighter?" policy on gear purchases, if it isn't going to fit in there with everything else, I'm not buying it.

I do dream of the day I hang up the headphones and can turn it into a pantry for all my kitchen gadgets and ingredients
    Jim, I don't think you're really grasped the concept of being a Mobile DJ. You have a storage facility for your kit. When the extra stuff you buy no longer fits in, you find/create an overflow facility. Repeat as required. Simples.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post

I moved everything back into my garage to save ££££, 3 discos in and took out a storage unit again lol. Feel it is far more secure and great to have everything away from home.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    I moved everything back into my garage to save ££££, 3 discos in and took out a storage unit again lol. Feel it is far more secure and great to have everything away from home.
    Got to admit, I did the sums to "upgrade" my garage when lockdowns started and although tempting....it didn't quite work.
    Where my kit's stored, it's away from home (so less chance of break-ins to the house), it's insured, it's safe and it's in a damp free environment. It's also secured by means of access cards, VERY secure locks and security cameras, and remote enough that I can make as much racket as I want loading and unloading the van at silly 'o' clock.

Yes it'd be convenient to nip out to the garage to fetch things in to test (I don't have a power supply in my storage unit but I DO have a UPS). I've kept the unit going for the duration and it's one of the decisions, although costing me a lot of money, that I've not regretted.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    Got to admit, I did the sums to "upgrade" my garage when lockdowns started and although tempting....it didn't quite work.
    Where my kit's stored, it's away from home (so less chance of break-ins to the house), it's insured, it's safe and it's in a damp free environment. It's also secured by means of access cards, VERY secure locks and security cameras, and remote enough that I can make as much racket as I want loading and unloading the van at silly 'o' clock.

Yes it'd be convenient to nip out to the garage to fetch things in to test (I don't have a power supply in my storage unit but I DO have a UPS). I've kept the unit going for the duration and it's one of the decisions, although costing me a lot of money, that I've not regretted.
    Yeah, the power supply is my biggest problem, but the security aspects wins it for me.

Must admit too, there is no nicer feeling than unloading all the equipment then driving home with an empty van haha

Having equipment at a unit has been a gamechanger for me.

When I was younger (in my first disco stint), it was all kept in the garage (as I believe was common in the 90s - not even sure self storage was that big a thing back then!).

But the equipment did deteriorate quite quickly.

Having kept it in a proper storage facility, where it never gets cold nor warm, the equipment seems to be lasting much longer now. Most of my equipment still looks as good as new.

Plus, unloading a van isn't something that is quiet - so I don't really want to annoy the neighbours doing that at 1:30am after a gig! Much easier to do on an industrial estate away from people who are sleeping.

When will people stop using Covid as an excuse to cancel ?

Last night I received an email stating that they need to cancel and as it is due to covid could they have a full refund.

Few emails back and forth, it turns out they have booked a band who will only work with their own DJ. The band weren’t taking bookings until after the latest announcement was made.

Turned out ok in the end though – directed towards T&C, full amount due but will offer a £50 discount if paid within 7 days, money received this afternoon.

Just wonder how many others are going to be blaming covid for years to come ?

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    When will people stop using Covid as an excuse to cancel ?

Last night I received an email stating that they need to cancel and as it is due to covid could they have a full refund.

Few emails back and forth, it turns out they have booked a band who will only work with their own DJ. The band weren’t taking bookings until after the latest announcement was made.

Turned out ok in the end though – directed towards T&C, full amount due but will offer a £50 discount if paid within 7 days, money received this afternoon.

Just wonder how many others are going to be blaming covid for years to come ?
    What exactly was their excuse for needing to cancel, due to covid?

We can now perform to the point that materially the contract isn't affected. 100% so from Monday.

The only way covid could be used as an excuse to cancel just now is if the bride or groom had to self isolate and even at that, I'd probably be taking a drive through to the venue on the day to make sure.

PS I get that they were chancing their arm due to the band, I'm just intrigued to see how they were trying to justify a COVID cancellation.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 15-07-2021 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Merged posts. Jim, you have a ten minute window to edit your posts.