Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
Looking in to it, it does seem to talk a lot about 'employment' - there's no mention of self employment. It might be worth clarifying that.

That should be your priority. Quite frankly, regardless of what training you undertake about your performance right now, it's not going to attract any bookings coming in.

I know that because when I got back in to this game a few years ago, I didn't even own a single piece of equipment whilst I started getting bookings. No point worrying about the DJ'ing if you can't find the work!

Spend your time and focus on getting the work in.

To do this full time, at best, this industry is about 4 days a week working on the business, marketing it, dealing with emails and putting in place initiatives to get more bookings, 1 day doing the actual work (eg, Sat night, sometimes Fri and Sat night) and 2 days off (Sun and Mon). Although you'll soon find the paperwork kicks in on Monday too.

If you spend the time marketing it properly, you've got a chance. But learning how to use a ddj800 isn't going to get you a booking.
Thanks for the comments. Definitely checked it out. It's all pretty straightforward to apply when I'm ready.

As I've mentioned in other posts I'm not quite ready to get out there and take bookings. I dont actually have any speakers yet + I dont intend only doing this full time as my only form of income to begin wih at least.

It's going to be a process. An 8 week training course is not really going to derail me. It'll probably be several months before I get hold of decent speakers to get me going out there again. In the meantime I can do prep and other things ready.