Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: Post COVID - what's the future going to look like?

I just had someone book a full day shot for June 2022 which is good though it does mean my " this, I'm jacking it in after tax year 2020-21" plan is well and truly out of the window.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post
    I just had someone book a full day shot for June 2022 which is good though it does mean my " this, I'm jacking it in after tax year 2020-21" plan is well and truly out of the window.
    You could say no ???
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    You could say no ???
    I could but money talks. Moving forward I'd be very happy doing 10-20 of these kind of bookings per year at these rates.

There's a new one:

Our venue has asked us to move date so why should we lose our deposit with you if you can't do the new one?

Because my t's and c's cover government guidelines, not venue agendas, chase them up for the money.

Our venue has asked us to move date so why should we lose our deposit with you if you can't do the new one?

Because my t's and c's cover government guidelines, not venue agendas, chase them up for the money.
    So why did the venue ask them to move their date?
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    So why did the venue ask them to move their date?
    I'm assuming so they can provide a bigger package for more guests...

Still can't help to be amazed at how many DJs are insisting we have to refund and contracts are frustrated.
    Are we the only industry whos main aim is to put ourselves out of business ?

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    Still can't help to be amazed at how many DJs are insisting we have to refund and contracts are frustrated.
    Are we the only industry whos main aim is to put ourselves out of business ?
    Was that aimed at me?

I've been saying from day 1 we should be watching our own backs and I have been. I had 3 people over the weekend with weddings at the back end of next year enquire about where they stand if they had to move and all were told it would be a cancellation as per our t's and c's.

I'm refunding in situations where it's simply not going to happen - 1st week of January, everyone travelling here from NZ, not happening, but people moving things of their own accord or because anyone other than the government have had them change their plans, no happening.

Was that aimed at me?

I've been saying from day 1 we should be watching our own backs and I have been. I had 3 people over the weekend with weddings at the back end of next year enquire about where they stand if they had to move and all were told it would be a cancellation as per our t's and c's.

I'm refunding in situations where it's simply not going to happen - 1st week of January, everyone travelling here from NZ, not happening, but people moving things of their own accord or because anyone other than the government have had them change their plans, no happening.
    Same here. I have a wedding in December for this year still sat there. As things stand, I can't provide an evening disco. I'm happy to refund (I've also offered a smaller package for some background music during their meal if they wish). They've decided to wait until nearer the time to decide exactly what to do.

Anything booked in for next year is a cancellation subject to T&Cs.

Was that aimed at me?

No, the exact opposite, I wish people would realise they were a business. The amount of people claiming we should be refunding is unbelievable.