Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Most played mix or group of songs

  1. #1
    Pazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Rhondda Cynon Taff
    Age
    39
    Posts
    318

    Default Most played mix or group of songs

    What are your most played mixes or groups of songs that you have been playing at events? Is there a group of songs that you play more than any other as you find that they usually get a good response or that they just generally work well together. Hasn't necessarily got to be played in the same order but just a grouping of up to 5/6 songs that you would often keep in your setlists?
    CP RIGARRAY MOBILE DISCOS

  2. #2
    Imagine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Ely, Cambridgeshire
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pazz View Post
    What are your most played mixes or groups of songs that you have been playing at events? Is there a group of songs that you play more than any other as you find that they usually get a good response or that they just generally work well together. Hasn't necessarily got to be played in the same order but just a grouping of up to 5/6 songs that you would often keep in your setlists?
    I'm gonna be hammered for this one

    * Summer of 69
    * Livin' on a Prayer
    * Don't Stop Me Now
    * Tubthumpin'
    * Chelsea Dagger

  3. #3
    Dinosaur Excalibur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    East Yorkshire
    Age
    66
    Posts
    26,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    I'm gonna be hammered for this one

    * Summer of 69
    * Livin' on a Prayer
    * Don't Stop Me Now
    * Tubthumpin'
    * Chelsea Dagger
    Not decrying your list, but it doesn't match with mine.
    *Moves like Jagger.
    *Mr Brightside
    *Crazy little thing called love
    *Can't hurry love ( Phil Collins )
    *Proud Mary ( Tina )
    *Man I feel Like a Woman
    *The Best ( Tina Turner)
    *Uptown Funk
    *Wake me up before you Go Go
    *Build me up buttercup
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

    www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

  4. #4

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Chester-le-Street
    Posts
    4,130

    Default

    9 To 5
    I feel like a woman
    The Best
    Shout

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Durham, Co Durham
    Posts
    2,976

    Default

    Brightside, then rather than dagger try Macklemore can't hold us, then Soulja Boy. Or kernkraft 400 before launching into a slightly heavy dance stint. Obviously not if it's the annual WI disco. Or maybe yes

  6. #6
    Pazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Rhondda Cynon Taff
    Age
    39
    Posts
    318

    Default

    Well interesting to see not much has changed since I was last dj'ing with a good few of the always popular classics making appearances in the lists shared so far.

    Any others...
    CP RIGARRAY MOBILE DISCOS

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Norwich
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pazz View Post
    Well interesting to see not much has changed since I was last dj'ing with a good few of the always popular classics making appearances in the lists shared so far.

    Any others...
    Bruno Marrs - Uptown Funk
    Pharrell Williams - Happy
    C Lo Green - Forget You
    Alexandra Stan -Mr Saxobeat
    Jennifer Lopez - On the Floor

  8. #8

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Chester-le-Street
    Posts
    4,130

    Default

    I thought summer of 69 followed by living on a prayer had been outlawed ? Haha

  9. #9
    Dinosaur Excalibur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    East Yorkshire
    Age
    66
    Posts
    26,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    I thought summer of 69 followed by living on a prayer had been outlawed ? Haha
    I thought it was mandatory?
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

    www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Durham, Co Durham
    Posts
    2,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pazz View Post
    Well interesting to see not much has changed since I was last dj'ing with a good few of the always popular classics making appearances in the lists shared so far.

    Any others...
    The problem with the "always popular classics" is mainly that:. A) they're generic & can hardly be considered classics, and
    B) aren't always popular.

    I liked to play a bit closer to the wind, try to be a bit less predictable. My customers have tended to like that. Obviously there are limits & there are times only generic fodder will do. More is the pity.

    I went back to DJing after a long hiatus (10 years I think) & it was shocking to me how little had changed at first, while being a bit of a culture shock getting up to speed with what I'd missed. Like when & how the heck did Proud Mary become a thing?

    Seeing DJs post lists of "never fails" tunes in Facebook groups makes me smile. Because I know they're lying.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •