Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you say when you're busy?

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    As been mentioned if you can think of any suitable suppliers you can suggest then include those. I'd personally rather someone just say sorry we're already booked rather than pad it out with small talk.
    That was my original logic. I don't entirely agree with all of the feedback that this particular secret shopper gave me, but it's been really good to get a different and independent perspective on my business anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    My thought is though, if you're turning that many away think of all the extra revenue you could be making, going multi op for example (this is tricky but if you're sensible and smart it's good way to go).
    Yeah. I've thought about it a few times but DJ's rank pretty high in the list of the most unreliable and unpredictable people I've worked with. Present company is obviously an exception

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    Yeah. I've thought about it a few times but DJ's rank pretty high in the list of the most unreliable and unpredictable people I've worked with. Present company is obviously an exception
    It crossed my mind many times. It was the only logical step to scaling the business.

But could I trust DJs to do the job properly, and were there enough available that I considered to be good enough, and would they cause more of a headache than it was worth.

I came to the same conclusion as you!

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post

Julian
    True, but after a few years you kinda know the warning signs. You have to be careful who you use.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

I've accidentally ended up becoming an agent due to postponements, but I am only offering out to three DJs who I know personally and those gigs have already been allocated to said DJs. As soon as those gigs are done, I'm not 'agenting' again. Having seen how a friend of mine who tried the agent thing had gotten so beaten down by it, I really can't be arsed with the idea of it.