Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You're too late son, ah say you're too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    Interesting thing is, there's a variant of Martin's example going around which will actually contain a password that you've used before. It will have been obtained through a breach at a service / website you used at some point in the past, and there's nothing like seeing a familiar password to make you sit up!

Thankfully I've always used separate, unique passwords for each website, so any breach is no big deal, but I know that I'm unusual in this as most people will reuse password(s) again and again.

Recommendation #1: Check your email address(es) at https://haveibeenpwned.com/ and subscribe for future notifications at https://haveibeenpwned.com/NotifyMe. Also check your password(s) at https://haveibeenpwned.com/Passwords.

Recommendation #2: Use a password manager. I use https://keepass.info/
    I have Macs and use the recommended Keychain (blimmin' hard to replicate and even remember) passwords for each and every site I need to create an account on.
    As the owner of my domains, I also usually sign up to things using unique email addresses such as [email protected], so if problems occur I know where they've come from based on the email address used.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    I have Macs and use the recommended Keychain (blimmin' hard to replicate and even remember) passwords for each and every site I need to create an account on.
    As the owner of my domains, I also usually sign up to things using unique email addresses such as [email protected], so if problems occur I know where they've come from based on the email address used.
    All good advice. One I forgot to mention is to enable 2 factor authentication on all logins that support it. On my most important logins I use https://store.google.com/gb/product/titan_security_key which, while expensive, is well worth it IMHO.

On the subject of custom emails so you know where they're from, you don't need your own domain for that. It's a little known feature of GMail that you can add custom strings to your own address, which lets you both see where it has been used and also setup filters in GMail to make it easier to manage.

For example, if you're [email protected], you can use [email protected] for the MDD, and [email protected] for eBay etc. etc.

Another little GMail FYI, you can add and remove dots anywhere in your address (before the @) and it doesn't matter, so [email protected] can also use [email protected], or even [email protected]
    Last edited by Marc J; 26-11-2020 at 02:56 PM.

Here's one for the collective brain hive

I've had several of these over the past couple of weeks, and no amount of scratching my brain cell can work out where it's supposed to lead/what it's supposed to acheive.

It's certainly a scam of some kind (it often comes from different names and is ALWAYS addressed to undisclosed recipients)....I just can't work it out.

Hello,

We have recently got engaged and are starting to look at where we would like to get married in the summer of 2022. We would love to learn more about hosting our wedding and the idea of being able to build our wedding from scratch in such a beautiful setting!

Firstly, would it be possible to get a rough price for a weekend wedding between May and September in 2022?

It would also be great to understand how much availability you currently have for this period?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    Here's one for the collective brain hive

I've had several of these over the past couple of weeks, and no amount of scratching my brain cell can work out where it's supposed to lead/what it's supposed to achieve.

It's certainly a scam of some kind (it often comes from different names and is ALWAYS addressed to undisclosed recipients)....I just can't work it out.
    Simple. You're a wedding venue*. " Such a beautiful setting".

* In the eyes of whatever ones and zeros put these things together.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk