Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oh no, it's the MDD Christmas Present list 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    If it helps, I've been wearing the U Mask for the last few months.

Not only is it incredibly comfortable, but in Italy, it's classed as a medical device. So one of the few masks that can protect you, rather than just protecting the other person.

It's not cheap, but for me the benefit was I don't need to wash/clean/throw it away - it works for around 200 hours and then you replace the filter.

https://u-maskstore.eu/

When we get back to DJ'ing, if we need to DJ with a mask on, I'll definitely be wearing this for when guests come up wanting to ask for a song (the idea of someone wanting to spit in my ear whilst requesting a song makes me shudder!)
    The same masks I wear. Sometimes hard to get (out of stock) but it's the mask most F1 teams use and they sell their own branded versions, e.g: -

https://www.mclarenstore.com/gb/en/m...40-orange.html
    https://shop.mercedesamgf1.com/gb/en...160-black.html

I also have a few of https://www.virustaticshield.com/ which are good but they get loose quickly and are, again, quite expensive.

I hope they're good Gavin - I've taken the plunge and ordered one.

I don't have to wear one officially being that I'm classed as an outdoor worker, but over the past couple of weeks am wearing the company issued cloth "nappy" all day, every day and it's not a comfortable experience (steamed specs, too much going on behind the lug holes with glasses and hearing aids let alone the straps of a mask).

Other than a visor (which let's face it is only going to protect against a full on cough or sneeze), I've yet to find something I can wear without discomfort and anxiety triggers.

We'll see what it's like when it arrives

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    I've yet to find something I can wear without discomfort and anxiety triggers.
    If I could work out which buttons to press, there'd be a picture of a Burka up here now, with the suggestion that it would be an improvement aesthetically.

Merry Christmas, Wayne.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

If it helps, I've been wearing the U Mask for the last few months.

Not only is it incredibly comfortable, but in Italy, it's classed as a medical device. So one of the few masks that can protect you, rather than just protecting the other person.

It's not cheap, but for me the benefit was I don't need to wash/clean/throw it away - it works for around 200 hours and then you replace the filter.

https://u-maskstore.eu/

When we get back to DJ'ing, if we need to DJ with a mask on, I'll definitely be wearing this for when guests come up wanting to ask for a song (the idea of someone wanting to spit in my ear whilst requesting a song makes me shudder!)
    Well, it arrived today

I can't believe how comfortable it is for starters! Not had to wear it for a shift yet (it'll get its first outing on a 9 hour shift tomorrow), but I can see just from "practicing" around the house with it for the past hour that I'm going to get on with it . It's sooooo soft behind the lug-holes that I can see I'm no longer going to ache in that department.

It's damned expensive (the replacement filters are HOW MUCH!?!?!?), but if it does what it says it does on the tin regarding reducing exposure the way cases are sky-rocketing over here at the moment, it's going to be worth every single penny!
    200 hours should last me for several weeks. I only wear it "on the doorstep" (I'm not one of the many muppets I see driving around ALONE with a mask on), which averages 8 minutes per drop across 20 drops per shift, so that's around 1,500 "drops", or 75 day's work. Works out to roughly 25p a day according to the back of my fag packet, not including the initial investment of the mask itself.

Is it me, or is avoiding Covid becoming the new Whamageddon?

Well, it arrived today

I can't believe how comfortable it is for starters! Not had to wear it for a shift yet (it'll get its first outing on a 9 hour shift tomorrow), but I can see just from "practicing" around the house with it for the past hour that I'm going to get on with it . It's sooooo soft behind the lug-holes that I can see I'm no longer going to ache in that department.
    I'm pleased you are happy with it. I got my wife to purchase one too, and she is pleased with it.

I'm always nervous about recommending things that are expensive - it's a lot of money if someone is disappointed, but I'm glad your initial feeling is similar to how I feel about it. And in this weather, it's a good face warmer too!!

I'm pleased you are happy with it. I got my wife to purchase one too, and she is pleased with it.

I'm always nervous about recommending things that are expensive - it's a lot of money if someone is disappointed, but I'm glad your initial feeling is similar to how I feel about it. And in this weather, it's a good face warmer too!!
    Oh dear

Much as I've loved this thing for the past 6 months or so, I've just gone to buy a replacement filter and it appears that U-Mask is no longer a thing

Seems their certification was a bit "iffy" reading between the lines and they've been stopped from selling them. Hey-ho, just when I'd found one that worked for me

Oh dear

Much as I've loved this thing for the past 6 months or so, I've just gone to buy a replacement filter and it appears that U-Mask is no longer a thing

Seems their certification was a bit "iffy" reading between the lines and they've been stopped from selling them. Hey-ho, just when I'd found one that worked for me
    Oh no!

I've spent the last couple of weeks trying to find the replacement filter for my wife... only to find today I didn't actually order a replacement for her...

Hmmm now to break this news to her!

I hope they get some replacements filters back in stock soon - the thing works perfectly for me.

Oh no!

I've spent the last couple of weeks trying to find the replacement filter for my wife... only to find today I didn't actually order a replacement for her...

Hmmm now to break this news to her!

I hope they get some replacements filters back in stock soon - the thing works perfectly for me.
    Reading in different places, they won't be available ever again. One example... https://thesportsrush.com/f1-news-u-...an-government/

It would seem that the certification for them was done by somebody not qualified to do so and the Milan government have actually forbidden any further sales whilst an investigation is ongoing. It appears reading various help groups and forums about the situation that the certification was so dodgy, a paper mask would actually be safer to use (there's a lot of people threatening legal action at the moment after being told they were one of the safest things out there in their marketing spiel).

It's a shame because for me and what I do for a living, it just worked. As far as I'm aware, I've not actually caught anything whilst wearing it either, and I've been in the front line actually delivering to confirmed Covid positive households.

I've been hunting around all morning and can't even find a filter that comes anywhere near to fitting the shape of the main mask.

The search continues....

Reading in different places, they won't be available ever again.

Oh dear

On their website, suddenly they have masks available again for fulfilment from 24th May with lots of disclaimers that it's not a medical device, isn't PPE, etc etc.

No sign of the replacement filters returning yet, but it's a positive sign... I'll be keeping a close eye on the replacement filters returning.