Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Oh no, it's the MDD Christmas Present list 2020.

** Update **

Good news - it's on pre-order for dispatch on the 24th May...

https://u-maskstore.eu/products/u-mask-model-2-2-refill

My order is in!

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    ** Update **

Good news - it's on pre-order for dispatch on the 24th May...

https://u-maskstore.eu/products/u-mask-model-2-2-refill

My order is in!
    Hallelujah - so's mine....the current one's getting a little bit floppy now.

At the end of the day despite the disclaimers, it's better than just a couple of bits of cloth, it's damned comfortable and it appears to have stopped me from catching anything thus far, despite being in direct contact via work with more people than I'd care to remember who'd been tested positive at the time. It also works with asthma and with the help of this cloth from Amazon, doesn't fog my glasses up.

The one and ONLY complaint I have with these things (in fact ALL masks that have filters) is that I have to staple the filter to the shell of the mask to keep it in place. Mine actually spends more time slipped down over my chin (whilst driving) rather than over my face (whilst needed), so the two tend to separate a lot

Ordered mine too, new mask and a refill

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    The one and ONLY complaint I have with these things (in fact ALL masks that have filters) is that I have to staple the filter to the shell of the mask to keep it in place. Mine actually spends more time slipped down over my chin (whilst driving) rather than over my face (whilst needed), so the two tend to separate a lot
    I noticed on the refills page it now says: -

A non-slip nose strip (the Clip) is also provided - to be invisibly applied between the filter and the cover, to make U-Mask even more adherent to the face and preventing it from sliding.
    Which I don't think they had before?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    Ordered mine too, new mask and a refill

I noticed on the refills page it now says: -

Which I don't think they had before?
    OK, it arrived today. It has a metal strip across the nose (which presumably means you can shape it to the profile of your nose!)

It doesn't stop the filter coming away from the mask bit though! Now where did I leave my stapler?

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    OK, it arrived today. It has a metal strip across the nose (which presumably means you can shape it to the profile of your nose!)

It doesn't stop the filter coming away from the mask bit though! Now where did I leave my stapler?
    Not a fan of the new filter design. I never had a problem with the original slipping, maybe because I don't talk to people much! Whenever you watched someone wearing one being interviewed (usually F1 drivers) anything more than a few words would need them to be constantly repositioned.

Maybe I'll try removing the metal strip, it seems to be fairly well fixed on though. It does make the whole thing tighter, the reason I liked these masks were because they didn't pull my ears out, but the new design does seem to be tighter. Maybe just needs a stretch...