Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Did 2020 go to plan ?

Default Did 2020 go to plan ?

Normally this time of year people start thinking about how they are going to change/improve their business.

So a look back at 2020 - did things go to plan for what you intended last December ?
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    Normally this time of year people start thinking about how they are going to change/improve their business.

So a look back at 2020 - did things go to plan for what you intended last December ?
    Hey Marc. Which one is the ban button, I get confused.

To dignify this whimsical thread with an answer it barely deserves, No.

The cunning plan was to push the disco hard as an income stream, and cutback on the Day Job reliance. Turned out exactly opposite. Ah well.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Hey Marc. Which one is the ban button, I get confused.
    DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    To dignify this whimsical thread with an answer it barely deserves, No.

The cunning plan was to push the disco hard as an income stream, and cutback on the Day Job reliance. Turned out exactly opposite. Ah well.
    Same here. With a full year of weddings in the bag (and plenty more enquiries coming in), my first FULL year of being self employed was looking to be a walk in the park. In fact life was looking very rosy indeed....until somebody allegedly ate an undercooked bat

Did it all go to plan? Well...I got two of the weddings done and dusted. The rest however...we all know the story.

I'm now working for an employer again (that hurts so much after so much planning for so long to become my own boss). Trust me, delivering 2 tonnes of shopping a day in the cold, dark and wet and exposing myself more than is necessary to this virus was NEVER in the business plan for the year. It's not something I'd ever imagined myself doing and not something I plan on continuing once things return to some form of normal, especially when I can do one evening reception for MORE than a week's gross wages where I am at the moment.

I've proven I can get the bookings in the first place, and I'm damned determined to pick up from where I left off.

Roll on 2022

No.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk