Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Will we return in 2021?

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post

What will the likelihood be of a best man, bridesmaid, parents etc testing positive, isolating for 10 days and missing a wedding ? Maybe I am cynical but can't see many - in fact if honest, when back to work if I got a positive test, I would sure as hell do more till I got a negative.
    You're becoming very cynical in your outlook Chris. Old Gits like me might say realistic, of course.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    What will the likelihood be of a best man, bridesmaid, parents etc testing positive, isolating for 10 days and missing a wedding ? Maybe I am cynical but can't see many - in fact if honest, when back to work if I got a positive test, I would sure as hell do more till I got a negative.
    Exactly - add in the venue staff, photographer, car driver, etc etc - how many of them will cancel on the couple because of a positive test...

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    Exactly - add in the venue staff, photographer, car driver, etc etc - how many of them will cancel on the couple because of a positive test...
    Any/all of them, because they're honest, upstanding, morally praiseworthy pillars of rectitude.

Excuse me Gavin, I've just got to go and refuel The Gloucester Old Spots.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Well...I had a strange call today from HSE (and yes it was genuine, and yes, I was VERY rude to him....sorry but so fed up of not actually knowing when or if we can return to normal now that I let rip at the bureaucratic pen-pushing box-ticking ).

I got a letter a couple of weeks ago saying they're doing "spot checks" on businesses to ensure that they're Covid secure....today's phone call was my spot check apparently.

Now don't get me wrong, H&S is important but when I can't actually operate....yes I was a little narked at the poor fella.
    By his reckoning though, we should be back in business by 21st June. "Yes", says I, "it's what the roadmap says. Tell me, what restrictions will be in place for that date regarding what I do for a living?".

Apparently none according to him. Which prompted the question of why he's wasting my time and a massive rant about how things have been handled.

I have a feeling I might have the words "hostile" and "militant" on my HSE record now. He's apparently going to call me nearer to the 21st June to discuss Covid secure when more details are known (brave man!)
    Last edited by Imagine; 04-05-2021 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    Which prompted the question of why he's wasting my time and a massive rant about how things have been handled.
    Let rip at your MP, not the poor guy who has the thankless task of calling everyone. Yes, it is stupid, but they've just been given a script to follow.

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Tell me, what restrictions will be in place for that date regarding what I do for a living?".

Apparently none according to him.
    He's apparently going to call me nearer to the 21st June to discuss Covid secure when more details are known (brave man!)

I'm really confused - this is similar to a number of job adverts I've seen recruiting for Covid Marshalls by local councils, of which the roles start in July..

If there's likely to be no restrictions in place from June 21st, why does he need to call you nearer June 21st to discuss your Covid secure measures post June 21st???

The more I see this, the more I worry about just how many Covid secure enforcement measures are in place for post June 21st...

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    The more I see this, the more I worry about just how many Covid secure enforcement measures are in place for post June 21st...
    This is what's starting to worry me as well if I'm honest.

Whilst Boris is happily saying "no measures after 21st June", the scientists are saying there will be a need for distancing and face coverings for a long time to come. Thankfully, Prof Ferguson is hinting that lockdowns are now a thing of the past.

It'll be interesting to see the results of the test events from last weekend even if they weren't realistic to what we do (high ceilings, many thousands of people). My fear is that face coverings at least will be a requirement for the sort of thing we do along with pre/post party testing, and that'll put a lot of people off....if indeed they even do them and if they're honest about the results.

As for MY C19 Secure status.....erm, surely that's going to be down to the licence holder (i.e. the venue) and not me.

Thankfully, Prof Ferguson is hinting that lockdowns are now a thing of the past.
    The thing is, we're not in a lockdown now.

Lockdown measures are very strict. So lockdowns being a thing of the past is great, but there's a huge great big chasm between 'no lockdowns' and 'full normality'.

We could remain in this state for 2 years, and still fulfil his claim of 'lockdowns being a thing of the past'.

So yeah, I'm concerned that some restrictions may remain. The Liverpool event will be key. Reading the background of it, it seems the requirements were to have a negative lateral flow test at any point in the 5 days before the event. It only needs a couple of people to have got infected post test (in those last few days) and then super-spread it around the festival...

Time will tell over the coming weeks for the outcome.

And in similar news....https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-56992121

The Seychelles have a spike at the moment and most of the population have had two doses of the vaccine
    Somehow, I can see this going on for a very long time to come

And in similar news....https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-56992121

The Seychelles have a spike at the moment and most of the population have had two doses of the vaccine
    Somehow, I can see this going on for a very long time to come
    On another note, in the UK we're being told that there's no evidence so far that the Indian B1617 variant is able to evade the vaccines.

Yet in Spain on preferente.com, they say [translated]:

The Galician Health Service (Sergas) has reported that it is the B1.617 subvariant 2 variant, which is sensitive to vaccines.
    The Indian variant, with between 13 and 15 mutations, is behind the strong upturn in cases in South Asia, as it shows in laboratory studies evidence of being more contagious and resistant to some vaccines and treatments.
    Which worries me that we're not being told the full story...