Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Will we return in 2021?

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    Me too, although Boris has AGAIN today reiterated/hinted that it's business as usual from 21st June so could potentially be more bodies on the dance floor
    17 seconds in to tonight's BBC News at 6 is the clip of Boris:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...t-six-02062021

He says:

I can see nothing in the data - at the moment - that means we can't go ahead with Step 4, all the reopening on June 21st - but we've got to be so cautious.

Based on previous experience, he never says what's really happening until the last minute.

But he has intentionally added those caveats in to give him the wiggle room he might need for his announcement on June 14th.

Of course the data right now doesn't suggest any issues - it's the potential of what the data might do over the coming weeks...

REALLY surprised at todays travel announcement.
    It does show that the government WILL make changes if they need too, so until the announcement on the 14th I think anything else said will just be speculation.
    Problem is, cases are rising ............
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    REALLY surprised at todays travel announcement.
    It does show that the government WILL make changes if they need too, so until the announcement on the 14th I think anything else said will just be speculation.
    Problem is, cases are rising ............
    Yes, and to be fair, it's too early to make any announcement. Cases are rising - but we don't yet know how that translates to hospitalisations, which is what is most important here.

On that basis, I'd fully expect to only get confirmation of what's happening next on the 14th June, once the data is available.

However, I'd be happy for current restrictions to be extended for a few further weeks, if that helps get us over the line with vaccinations, where there is strong evidence that to open up on the 21st June puts us at risk of needing to go back into more severe restrictions at a later date.

The next week will be critical - my fear is that the 14th is just a little too early to see what is happening from the new Delta variant that is clearly now taking hold.

One more week to wait...

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    Yes, and to be fair, it's too early to make any announcement. Cases are rising - but we don't yet know how that translates to hospitalisations, which is what is most important here.

On that basis, I'd fully expect to only get confirmation of what's happening next on the 14th June, once the data is available.

However, I'd be happy for current restrictions to be extended for a few further weeks, if that helps get us over the line with vaccinations, where there is strong evidence that to open up on the 21st June puts us at risk of needing to go back into more severe restrictions at a later date.

The next week will be critical - my fear is that the 14th is just a little too early to see what is happening from the new Delta variant that is clearly now taking hold.

One more week to wait...
    I'm actually with you on that Gavin - I'd rather we were unleashed with no threat of further restrictions down the line, as much as it's going to hurt!

I'm now officially nervous. July was/is a bumper month with income more than 5X that of delivering for a major supermarket.

And yet, the signs aren't brilliant...let's be totally honest. The Times are "reporting" that weddings will be unlimited numbers....but dancing is still going to be advised against. What the :censored: does that even mean? Will I be prosecuted should plod turn up and guests are throwing shapes around their tables? Will my kit be confiscated?

I've taken the precaution of reaching out to my my July brides this evening to see how they feel and which way they want to proceed if Monday isn't the news they want to hear. It's probably too soon to send that particular email, but I have a feeling that July weddings as couples expect them aren't going to happen and I'd rather pre-empt the expected deluge of reschedules than be caught off guard (I've already had a September one postpone until next year).

Gawd - what happened to moaning about dead dance floors?

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine;673799 The Times are "reporting" that weddings will be unlimited numbers....but dancing is still going to be advised against. [B
    What e[/B] :censored: does that even mean?

It means that now I'll be a great DJ, achieving exactly what he's aiming to do.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    And yet, the signs aren't brilliant...let's be totally honest. The Times are "reporting" that weddings will be unlimited numbers....but dancing is still going to be advised against. What the :censored: does that even mean? Will I be prosecuted should plod turn up and guests are throwing shapes around their tables? Will my kit be confiscated?
    I am still remaining positive, HOWEVER, reading further into the news, it is reported that nightclubs will not be allowed to open yet - could it mean unrestricted weddings BUT the caveat of no DJ/dancing etc still to fall in line with 'no nightclubs'.

Much as it will hurt, it does make sense to allow larger weddings, but not an evening function as we know it and unfortunately most couples will be happy with this. Hope I am wrong but can see us truly being the 'forgotten industry'

I am still remaining positive, HOWEVER, reading further into the news, it is reported that nightclubs will not be allowed to open yet - could it mean unrestricted weddings BUT the caveat of no DJ/dancing etc still to fall in line with 'no nightclubs'.

Much as it will hurt, it does make sense to allow larger weddings, but not an evening function as we know it and unfortunately most couples will be happy with this. Hope I am wrong but can see us truly being the 'forgotten industry'
    DJs are currently allowed in venues, and even small receptions. The issue we'd face is people asking to turn up it all night.
    Nathan.

They should allow full weddings but make the couple commit to a test on day 2 and or 5, as they are the common denominator and everyone will be hugging and kissing them.

if they test positive then everyone else has to isolate and test until a negative result. I know its not perfect, but it's a decent compromise.
    North East Wedding DJ - www.stevenmaddison.co.uk - TWIA Regional Finalist 2019 & 2020 - The Wedding Business Awards Wedding DJ of the year (North East Region)

Quote Originally Posted by DJWilson View Post
    DJs are currently allowed in venues, and even small receptions. The issue we'd face is people asking to turn up it all night.
    I know - but could the compromise for larger weddings be no disco ?

I know - but could the compromise for larger weddings be no disco ?
    It's no different to a pub or club having hundreds of people sat at tables with a DJ playing at the moment.
    Nathan.