Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Will we return in 2021?

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    And what's with this Yorkshire variant? Is it like the original, but a little less free with its money?
    It lives in your wallet and spreads when said wallet is opened....probably why Yorkshiremen don't tend to open their wallets too often.

In other more promising news....heard this on the radio tonight. It's looking like their might finally be a light at the end of the tunnel

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/poli...n-b937048.html

And here we go...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57269032

"Boris Johnson says England may need to wait to end restrictions"

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post

"Boris Johnson says England may need to wait to end restrictions"
    We're deep into semantics here. "End" restrictions. The implication of that is " all " restrictions. There are many restrictions that could be lifted without opening the floodgates. That would not be an end to restrictions, but it would be a significant relaxation.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

We're deep into semantics here. "End" restrictions. The implication of that is " all " restrictions. There are many restrictions that could be lifted without opening the floodgates. That would not be an end to restrictions, but it would be a significant relaxation.
    I agree.

But I fear many of the features of weddings fit around the restrictions they are most nervous about...

Mass hugging
    Alcohol
    Face masks

Any of those elements may mean clients decide to postpone further... even a requirement to wear a face mask through the day could be enough.

And dancing still looks like the last thing to return - which is our raison d'être.

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    I agree.

But I fear many of the features of weddings fit around the restrictions they are most nervous about...

Mass hugging
    Alcohol
    Face masks

Any of those elements may mean clients decide to postpone further... even a requirement to wear a face mask through the day could be enough.

And dancing still looks like the last thing to return - which is our raison d'être.
    But the nightclub trial threw up very few infections didn't it?

There's some very confusing messages coming out of London at the moment (nothing new there then!).

"We may have to delay but there's nothing in the data to suggest we can't proceed"....what does that mean?

Yes, cases are rising, that was to be expected. But even what I've read of tonight's briefing, hospitalisations and deaths are fairly stable.....so where's the panic?
    I have an 'orrible feeling that it's going to be the end of July which is the target for all adults having been offered the jab before we're allowed back...and that will REALLY me off seeing as July is a massive month for me

Funny enough though (going back to a post I put on a couple of weeks ago about my website being a barometer)....the uncertainty today has resulted in a massive drop in traffic and no enquiries. I've been booking people up at the rate of 2-3 a DAY until today

BBC News today are quoting: "From 21 June, assuming the India variant is under control, it's hoped - All legal limits on social contact will be removed".

I read this to be "legal limits", i.e., those that are enshrined in law and enforceable. Other "restrictions" may still be present as advisory and therefore, presumably, voluntary in law. Certain venues and events may still insist on their own restrictions but, though not legally enforceable, they might make things awkward enough for individuals not to wan to attend.

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    Yes, cases are rising, that was to be expected. But even what I've read of tonight's briefing, hospitalisations and deaths are fairly stable.....so where's the panic?
    There was one thing about the briefing last night that stood out to me. In months gone by, you had a graph for cases, one for hospitilations and one for deaths. When cases were surging, there was a lot of noise of "Yes, cases are rising but look at deaths - they haven't moved" and that was always met with the caveat of "Give it a couple of weeks and the other two graphs are gonna catch up to this weeks case numbers."

Last night, they did mention that case numbers are on the up but that hospitalisations and deaths have almost remained unaffected. It was treated as one of the same. No caveat.

So what happened to needing to wait for the other two graphs to catch up? Has the 'Covid Experience' now been expedited to "Catch it on Monday, in hospital on Wednesday, and dead by Friday", so there's no need to wait anymore? Or are we closing our eyes, putting hands on ears and "Lalalalalala'ing" really loudly.

I said this not too long ago:

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    Hmmm...maybe I'm misinterpreting what I heard, but it looks like that there may be the subtle introduction of Step 3.5.
    And the longer this goes, the more I think that I'm right.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    But the nightclub trial threw up very few infections didn't it?
    These trials were conducted at a point in time when infections were already at a very low rate.

The same test with higher cases will unlikely produce the same positive result.

What is against us is that infection rates are not only rising quickly - but hospital admission and deaths are also rising too.

If this continues, we're not in a good place.

Hospital admissions is the number to watch over the coming weeks.

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  30.4 KB

I said this not too long ago:

Hmmm...maybe I'm misinterpreting what I heard, but it looks like that there may be the subtle introduction of Step 3.5.

And the longer this goes, the more I think that I'm right.
    Otherwise known as " not removing all the restrictions on June 21st", as a certain Old Git has been saying all along.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

So what happened to needing to wait for the other two graphs to catch up? Has the 'Covid Experience' now been expedited to "Catch it on Monday, in hospital on Wednesday, and dead by Friday", so there's no need to wait anymore? Or are we closing our eyes, putting hands on ears and "Lalalalalala'ing" really loudly.
    Vaccines are supposed to have broken the link between infections and hospitalisation and deaths. But the reality is that no one really knows right know if that holds true, especially with new variants potentially in the mix.

So, right now everyone is holding their breath and watching the stats.

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography