Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Will we return in 2021?

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Otherwise known as " not removing all the restrictions on June 21st", as a certain Old Git has been saying all along.
    Reading between the lines.

There are two pertinent lines that Boris has said:

"irreversible roadmap out of lockdown"

"from no earlier than 21 June all legal limits "on social contact and on weddings and other life events" will be removed"

To achieve the irreversible bit, he will need to adhere to the second line, which means a slight postponement, rather than risking re-opening and then needing to lock down again.

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post

"from no earlier than 21 June all legal limits "on social contact and on weddings and other life events" will be removed"

To achieve the irreversible bit, he will need to adhere to the second line, which means a slight postponement, rather than risking re-opening and then needing to lock down again.
    Add to this that there are now mutterings from SAGE members about it being better to delay until the end of August once the majority of the population will be vaccinated....and I think we have our answer.

July was looking so profitable too

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    Add to this that there are now mutterings from SAGE members about it being better to delay until the end of August once the majority of the population will be vaccinated....and I think we have our answer.

In other news... next Friday I'm Photographer at a wedding that has a DJ and 3hrs of dancing in the itinerary. 26 guests on the open deck of a boat and the venue have said it's fine. To be honest, they're probably right and it's no higher risk than walking into a supermarket.

Last night I ran a photobooth for a sixth form end of year party. Roughly 20x 17/18 year olds and a few staff.

Driving back from the photobooth through Bath, the queue to get into the cinema and the local wetherspoons was literally down the street. The brakes are off now, there's no going back.

It's really just a question of whether Brides will tolerate whatever restrictions are left in place and go ahead, or if they're going to want to reschedule.

Another interesting problem.... I have one bride who called me yesterday to reschedule because she's had to find a new venue. She went to visit hers this week and discovered they've closed the hotel part of the venue and rented out parts of the event space to try and cover their costs. There's now someone living in the bridal prep room and they've converted the ornamental garden into a vegetable patch She said there's no longer a restaurant or a breakfast room and the roof has been leaking over the function room so all of the wallpaper is off the walls. I have 3 weddings booked at this venue this year.

I also have 5 other Brides who are now looking to reschedule because their venues have folded and/or decided they are exiting events completely. The fallout continues...

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    I also have 5 other Brides who are now looking to reschedule because their venues have folded and/or decided they are exiting events completely. The fallout continues...

Julian
    This is what worries me. There's a cliff edge coming for financial support - both with the end of furlough and SEISS. Many who have been living off bounce back loans are now rapidly running out of money.

Many have sat waiting for a big reopening to get back on track. But if it isn't forthcoming, then the real fallout from Covid will materialise over the next 12-24 months.

I think he's got it By George he's got it!

Vaccination is the Holy Grail.

This is what worries me. There's a cliff edge coming for financial support - both with the end of furlough and SEISS. Many who have been living off bounce back loans are now rapidly running out of money.

Many have sat waiting for a big reopening to get back on track. But if it isn't forthcoming, then the real fallout from Covid will materialise over the next 12-24 months.
    The genie is out of the bottle now. We will go forwards from here, just not as fast as some might wish.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Soooo....what are we "reading" from the Boris/Carrie wedding yesterday then?

Small wedding (apparently less than the allowed 30 in attendance), with plans for the honeymoon and evening reception with a lot of people in 2022.
    Is a rather large hint being dropped about such receptions not being allowed this year?

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Or organising a big ass party then swanning away for a couple of weeks while still dealing with a pandemic is a sure fire way to bury yourself.

Small wedding (apparently less than the allowed 30 in attendance), with plans for the honeymoon and evening reception with a lot of people in 2022.
    Is a rather large hint being dropped about such receptions not being allowed this year?
    The Prime minster has been wholly distracted by domestic matters throughout the pandemic? Getting divorced, having a baby, redecorating No.11, getting married...

Oh, and his now wife lives on a different planet to the rest of us entirely?

Benny may have a point, he would have come under heavy fire if he'd gone ahead with a large event at the same time as asking people to be cautious with contacts. But at the same time, throwing a lavish party so soon after the end of lockdown would have been 100% true to character, so it does make me wonder what he knows...

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

It was the fact last Monday instead of announcing what the roadmap holds for weddings, he chose to announce his own wedding next year that made me start to think.

I really can't see things easing as much as planned, however the good news is virtually all my couples are saying they are going ahead regardless, even if nothing changes.

Could this be the 'new normal' ? I hate that phrase haha
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    however the good news is virtually all my couples are saying they are going ahead regardless, even if nothing changes.

Could this be the 'new normal' ? I hate that phrase haha
    Funny your should say that...

I've seen others in my area complaining about a deluge of calls over the weekend wanting to cancel/postpone July and August weddings. Yet I've had two couples sign on the dotted line (10/7 and 14/8).

I'm beginning to think Joanna and Joe public have had enough now and things will go ahead regardless...