Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Will we return in 2021?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Can you imagine the difference to the NHS is they had directed the £37 BILLION they wasted on the track and trace to improving the NHS?

I know we're not allowed to talk politics on this forum...somebody will just have to report me to the moderators - I don't care. . Always wondered what it was like in the sin bin. lol.
    " Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely ".

Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

So, it looks like "As you were, but more of it."

Numbers at weddings are now going to be based on venue capacity, and the restrictions seem like they are going to remain as they are in step 3. Essentially, more people dancing round tables.

Clicky Clicky

If you haven't done so already, now would be the time to get excited about renewing your PLI.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post

Numbers at weddings are now going to be based on venue capacity, and the restrictions seem like they are going to remain as they are in step 3. Essentially, more people dancing round tables.

Clicky Clicky

If you haven't done so already, now would be the time to get excited about renewing your PLI.
    Trying to make sense of what was said from the cab of my grocery van….

So, indoor dancing banned, outdoor dancing advised against, and a marquee with half its walls opened is classed as outdoors?

Did I read that right?

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    Trying to make sense of what was said from the cab of my grocery van….

So, indoor dancing banned, outdoor dancing advised against, and a marquee with half its walls opened is classed as outdoors?

Did I read that right?
    Indoor dancing is not banned. Dancing is not banned at all. It is advised against.

It's the dancefloor that must be closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post

Clicky Clicky

Hmmm I'm kinda more nervous about this.

A wedding of 30, with a bit of dancing, worked out OK - you were never going to get that many people on the dancefloor, and it could all be done safely, as I found out a couple of weeks ago. That worked for me.

100 people at the wedding? If I were the venue, I'd be *more* nervous now about a DJ setting up.

How this plays out in reality is anyone's guess.

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    A wedding of 30, with a bit of dancing, worked out OK - you were never going to get that many people on the dancefloor, and it could all be done safely, as I found out a couple of weeks ago. That worked for me.

100 people at the wedding? If I were the venue, I'd be *more* nervous now about a DJ setting up.

How this plays out in reality is anyone's guess.
    I'm booked for my first wedding on the 24th of June. I've just emailed the venue events coordinator to see what their take is on it. The events team for the gig after that have already been in touch to say that the dance floor will be closed, but the doors will be wide open and guests will be welcome to dance outside! Luckily this venue is in the middle of 100's of acres of private estate and has the most open entertainment license I've ever seen (music is allowed 24x7 indoors or outdoors!)

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

My first one back is in a marquee. Apparently the venue are happy to proceed and they’re in the middle of nowhere so it looks like I’m back in the game 😎

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post

Why ? Having spoken to venues their main challenge is getting enough staff for table service.

At the start of every wedding I make an announcement that masks should be worn when walking around the venue, dancing is advised against as is singing at a high volume. That and a few signs dotted around the venue is enough to keep them in the clear.

I had 3 covid inspections who have all been fantastic I have to say, and they said basically so long as we are not encouraging people to break guidance, it is now largely up to each individual to make their own minds up.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    I had 3 covid inspections who have all been fantastic I have to say, and they said basically so long as we are not encouraging people to break guidance, it is now largely up to each individual to make their own minds up.
    And I think this is the way things will eventually unlock.

Occasional weddings where people are getting up and dancing, monitor the outcome of any spikes, repeat until UKGov are sure they're not going to have to back track. In effect, unofficial test events before the big bang.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    And I think this is the way things will eventually unlock.
    I've now heard from almost all of my weddings for the next 5 weeks and they've all suddenly acquired marquees to allow the evening celebration to go ahead as originally planned.

Ironically I've just picked up a gig because a DJ decided they couldn't live with that.

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography