Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Will we return in 2021?

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    Which worries me that we're not being told the full story...
    Like in this publication which SAGE agree that transmission within private events is not a risk

https://assets.publishing.service.go...il_leisure.pdf
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Make the most of this folks, I've taken the tablets, but they wear off quickly. I believe two things are certain.
    1) Government will do anything/everything necessary to avoid Lockdown 4.0 ( or whatever number it is ) as they fear civil unrest if we have another. The hospitality industry will wither on the vine, and you will only be able to drink in a 'Spoons, cos every other pub will have closed.

2) Normal. Define " Normal". Like it or not, there's no way that on 21st June, the virus will have categorically been beaten, and we can all mingle willy nilly without masks, sanitising, distancing or other restrictions of some kind. Ain't gonna happen, because of point 1).

There is light at the end of the tunnel, and it's not an oncoming train. It's just a very looooooooong tunnel.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I don't know if it's because I've had my first "shot" now....but I'm suddenly becoming a lot more confident.....about 2022

Although I don't pay to reply to them, I'm seeing a lot more Add2 enquiries coming through over the past week, mainly for next year. The ones for this year appear to be very cautious and one even gives mention (in August this year) about not sure whether they'll be allowed to have the numbers they want.

Next year however.....it seems will be the proper recovery in what we do (unless there's some clear guidance released soon saying what's going to be allowed and when)

I've taken three bookings for next October today alone, and the website is starting to get a lot busier that it's been in a very long time!

I've even gone to the trouble of unearthing some lighting from the lockup to play with tonight whilst indulging in a small sherry or two.

Fingers crossed it's not just one of those quick surges that dies over night

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    I don't know if it's because I've had my first "shot" now....but I'm suddenly becoming a lot more confident.....about 2022
    I'm feeling a sense of Deja Vu here...

MY own personal view...this will be done and dusted by around June and will actually be treated similar to the average seasonal cold or flu.
    Who knows, the tail end of 2020 could make it a bumper year
    But in all seriousness, I hear that restrictions on hugging are to be lifted from May 17th - which I believe was originally planned for June 21st.

So it looks like the vaccine is working, and restrictions are being lifted quicker than expected.

A good sign for a positive summer this year; and in theory - assuming no further curveballs - a 'normal' summer next year.

I'm feeling a sense of Deja Vu here...
    Aaaah....if only we'd known then what we know now.
    How many of us seriously thought in our wildest dreams we'd be off the road for as long as we have been?

But in all seriousness, I hear that restrictions on hugging are to be lifted from May 17th - which I believe was originally planned for June 21st.

So it looks like the vaccine is working, and restrictions are being lifted quicker than expected.

A good sign for a positive summer this year; and in theory - assuming no further curveballs - a 'normal' summer next year.
    And there's a scientist giving hints on how to hug safely don't cha know

Fingers crossed that 21st June really is DDay. I still have a few reservations and I'm not in a massive hurry to jump back into the great unknown just yet (well, at least until I've had the second shot). And it's going to rely on public confidence too obviously.

Does anyone know if any results from the nightclub events have been published yet?

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Hmmm...maybe I'm misinterpreting what I heard, but it looks like that there may be the subtle introduction of Step 3.5.

Later on in May, we're going to be hearing about whether covid passports will be a thing, along with potential reduced SD measures. I personally don't see this as a negative - in fact, I'm encouraged at the thought of the Government planning on reopening the economy, but acknowledging that measures will need to be in place to allow us to do it safely (as opposed to 'Doors open - go spit in each other's mouths').

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    Hmmm...maybe I'm misinterpreting what I heard, but it looks like that there may be the subtle introduction of Step 3.5.

Later on in May, we're going to be hearing about whether covid passports will be a thing, along with potential reduced SD measures. I personally don't see this as a negative - in fact, I'm encouraged at the thought of the Government planning on reopening the economy, but acknowledging that measures will need to be in place to allow us to do it safely (as opposed to 'Doors open - go spit in each other's mouths').
    Anyone expecting that on June 21st all restrictions will be removed in the blink of an eye is living in cloud cuckoo land. Realists/Cynics/Pragmatists like me believe that we will see some form of restrictions until 2022, or even further. Sad but true.

PS. Optimism. I shall be more optimistic next Sunday, cos that's my second jab.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post

PS. Optimism. I shall be more optimistic next Sunday, cos that's my second jab.

Mine on Thursday, so we'll plan future world domination together.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Anyone expecting that on June 21st all restrictions will be removed in the blink of an eye is living in cloud cuckoo land. Realists/Cynics/Pragmatists like me believe that we will see some form of restrictions until 2022, or even further. Sad but true.

Yes....and no....

I don't think the virus will suddenly pack up and go home at midnight on the 20th June as many others in our trade see to believe.

The vaccine seems to be taking effect, deaths today in England, Scottishland and NI were ZERO, and reading between the lines it looks like we're moving towards a "let people make their own decisions regarding their risk" over the government edicts approach with apparently new guidance being issued towards the end of this month (I believe that's possibly what Benny was alluding to)

There was also talk of potential local restrictions if an outbreak occurs. That's not going to help public confidence or business planning for anyone.

I DO think there will be some sort of passport (I don't like that terminology) in place for mass gatherings such as weddings, nightclubs and concerts, and potentially testing before and afterwards - if it helps everyone get back to work and normality though....I'm all for it. Who will police it for things like back-garden weddings and village hall events though is anyone's guess. Will it be something like roaming EHO's asking for proof? Will the police have the power to walk in and ask?

I'm going to try to contact my local EHO over the next couple of days to see if I can get some clarification on some things though. Although it's already been said that there will be no dancing at weddings....how about garden parties (where up to 30 can now meet), or indeed kids parties (they're all back at school and generally tend to all be from the same class/year group and so mixing anyway).

I just wish they'd be as clear on the rules for us as they've been for the likes of MUAs and tattoo parlours,

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

So, the new guidance in a nutshell is that they're not gonna stop people dancing (just look at them and you judgmentally while they're doing it), but they are saying no designated dancefloor area. That makes sense to ensure an element of social distancing is adhered to. The problem that creates is that guests will be closer to chairs and tables, and I would dare say drunk people are going to climb said chairs and tables.

Now think about it: how many people have you personally seen with Covid-19?

And how many drunk people have you personally seen fall off things?

Reduce the risk and low likelihood of one by increasing the risk and high likelihood of the other.

Genius. Just genius.