Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Will we return in 2021?

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

DJs are currently allowed at weddings, and guests are not prohibited from dancing (they're only told that they can't dance in the usual singular location).

It's not that hard to work with. In fact, the 'Step Three' weddings that I have worked have been great fun. If this carries on into step four - with or without the larger numbers - it'll continue to be great fun.

Yup, the risk to us is only that couples decide to cancel because they can't have the numbers they want, or because some other restriction remains in force that they can't cope with.

I suspect venues will be telling them in no uncertain terms that cancellation will result in loss of their full fee, and we will be within our rights to do the same. As Benny has said, we can currently perform.

Well, that's assuming I can remember how to....

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post

Well, that's assuming I can remember how to....

Julian
    Don't jest! When we PAT tested my gear last week, I couldn't remember what some of the sockets were for on the radio mic/DMX box I built!
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Don't jest! When we PAT tested my gear last week, I couldn't remember what some of the sockets were for on the radio mic/DMX box I built!
    Sockets are the least of my problems. I PAT tested my gear on Tuesday....I'd forgotten how heavy my subs were! They're gonna kill me when I have to start lugging those around again!

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    Sockets are the least of my problems. I PAT tested my gear on Tuesday....I'd forgotten how heavy my subs were! They're gonna kill me when I have to start lugging those around again!
    Yup. That too!!

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    I have found due to Covid all my equipment has gained weight and my clothing has shrunk
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Check your diaries lads and lasses, it's about to be music chairs time!

A delay on easing now looks exceedingly likely.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Check your diaries lads and lasses, it's about to be music chairs time!

A delay on easing now looks exceedingly likely.
    Whilst is does look likely, it is worth talking to couples about their plans - I don't have 1 wedding that are even considering postponing, even if things stay the way they are.

I really can't see things going backwards, so while there may be a need to adapt I am confident of 'being back to normal' after the 21st still.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post

What they are saying is that the NHS isn't in a position to cope with any further peaks, as attention desperately needs to be diverted to those who have other illnesses and conditions that need treating. There's a big backlog that needs to be started. Any more peaks of hospitalisations just pushes those other treatments even further back.
    Can you imagine the difference to the NHS is they had directed the £37 BILLION they wasted on the track and trace to improving the NHS?

I know we're not allowed to talk politics on this forum...somebody will just have to report me to the moderators - I don't care. . Always wondered what it was like in the sin bin. lol.

Well we certainly wouldn't be seeing headlines like this worrying one this morning!

"In other news, ministers fear Britain will have a six-week window to open up in the summer or risk having Covid restrictions in place until spring, the Sunday Telegraph reports. Government advisers have explained there is a "ticking clock" to lift measures before it becomes too late to do so in September because of the greater transmission of Covid in winter and seasonal pressures on the NHS. "

Does this mean come September we're effectively banned again? Will we literally only be able to work in the summer months? Answers on the back of a £50 note please