Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Warning! Price thread alert.

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    The prospect of " clear blue water" between me and Sid is simultaneously appealing and frightening. It's a big leap of faith, and I'm an old bloke, set in his ways. People have been urging me to raise my prices for years, and it's taken a global pandemic to kickstart the idea!
    What have you got to lose?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    Exactly.

Double your prices and you can LOSE 50% of your work, and still be in the same position as before! In fact, you're better off, because you have less costs overall.

And then you have greater capacity to take on more work.

Peter, I think you've got a niche that you don't even know you have...

I'd be interested to understand who your 'ideal' client is - ie, the type of person you love working for week in, week out, and what music they want at their wedding, and what background (job), they typically have...

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    Exactly.

Double your prices and you can LOSE 50% of your work, and still be in the same position as before! In fact, you're better off, because you have less costs overall.

And then you have greater capacity to take on more work.

Peter, I think you've got a niche that you don't even know you have...

I'd be interested to understand who your 'ideal' client is - ie, the type of person you love working for week in, week out, and what music they want at their wedding, and what background (job), they typically have...
    Thanks for those words, chaps, I've already had a long overdue chat with Benny, which revealed a few issues I hadn't considered, and a glaring failing on my website which needs addressing. Thanks Benny, much appreciated.

Gavin, I fear you may be next in line for a concerted information gathering missive from me. I suggest you leave the country, and move somewhere with no internet immediately!
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

You're going to have pretty much three years of weddings in just a two year period, if anything you should be putting your prices up!.

Sids will always be around, but they can take care of Sid customers the way I see it.

C19 has hit some folks harder than others. I bet theres a fair few families who are better off financially than they were 12 months ago.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

After quite a number of months working for not much more than minimum wage, one thing for certain - I will appreciate what I am earning DJing.

Going forward I have frozen my prices till the end of 2022 - I am almost fully booked this year and next so maybe need to increase a bit. However, moving forward my business will be changing, this DJ has aged a lot this past year and no longer feels he can work 3/4 nights a week. Also I have one other business now, and have just bought a third so not sure where priorities will lie.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    I am almost fully booked this year and next so maybe need to increase a bit. .
    Now is the perfect time to increase your fee. Whack it up for anyone who enquires about any remaining date you have this year or next year.

One of the most important aspects of getting the fee is being confident in the fee. When you are fully booked and don't 'need' the work, it's much easier to ask for a higher fee.

Try doing it when staring at an empty diary and it's much easier to be nervous and quote a lower price 'just to get the work'.

Now is the perfect time to increase your fee. Whack it up for anyone who enquires about any remaining date you have this year or next year.

One of the most important aspects of getting the fee is being confident in the fee. When you are fully booked and don't 'need' the work, it's much easier to ask for a higher fee.

Try doing it when staring at an empty diary and it's much easier to be nervous and quote a lower price 'just to get the work'.
    A few years ago I would have totally agreed with you and acted immediately.

Now though, not so sure. Those who are charging higher than me have a lot more work involved which I don't want. Hopefully discos will eventually (soon) be a passive income for me moving forward, so like the simplicity.

If things don't go to plan, then yeah will definitely have to rethink.

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    I bet theres a fair few families who are better off financially than they were 12 months ago.
    I bet there are a lot more better off than we realise.
    Even on 80% furlough many will be a lot better off

?
    Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    Those who are charging higher than me have a lot more work involved which I don't want.
    Why do they have 'more work involved'?

It's a fallacy to think you have to work 'harder' to be paid what you are worth.

?

Why do they have 'more work involved'?

It's a fallacy to think you have to work 'harder' to be paid what you are worth.
    Client meetings is the big one.
    But no, you are correct actually.